A great new bike for those in the market FJ-09 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great new bike for those in the market FJ-09 2015

Better suspension than the sportier version with a better seat and the added option of luggage when needed. HMMMM.

Check out the pricing comparisons to several competitors.

It looks like a great little bike and something along the lines of what I'd be interested in since I'm already liking the FJR1300's feel for me (only on the showroom floor, haven't had a chance to ride it yet). Sadly, I think the seat height will kill the deal for me as high as it is
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Great bike for sure!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Very nice, sensible tourer.

Good to see manufacturers offering so many great choices these days; something to fill just about everyone's lifestyle. Just wish one of the Big Four would develop a proper "learner" bike for US-based MSF schools (eg: Honda CG125) with low seat height, mid controls, narrow tank, and perhaps a roll cage
        '80 GS1000ST
        '92 ZX-11
        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Ridding a motorcycle is coming back especially since the rise of gas prices. I'm 30 and when I started ridding 8 years ago I had only one other friend who rode a bike. Now I know at least 10 friends and family that own new or newer machines and allot of them are Yamaha's. I've considered an FZ-09 and the FJ-09 is the perfect replacement for the tired FZ1 line. But I want an upgrade in power delivery and the 850cc tripple isn't what I want. However I do know a buddy of mine is looking into trading in his 08 FZ6 for a new FJ-09. So many new types of bikes out now for so many more people are ridding compared to 10-15 years ago. Glad to see a lighter weight tourer out there now!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
            ... Just wish one of the Big Four would develop a proper "learner" bike for US-based MSF schools (eg: Honda CG125) with low seat height, mid controls, narrow tank, and perhaps a roll cage
            Suzuki does in fact offer a good learner bike, one the MSF course can use. It's the TU250. See my report in this thread, post #26: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?221995-Msf

Comment

I do not get the busy "transformer" styling... It looks stupid, adds useless complexity/cost to the bike, and doesn't even do anything aerodynamically. IMO.

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

ED....Which S was yours? I noticed one has the 79 exhaust on it. And what bike was that with the Hulk and the 6 pot engine ( CBX engine? ).
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                    I do not get the busy "transformer" styling... It looks stupid, adds useless complexity/cost to the bike, and doesn't even do anything aerodynamically. IMO.
                    Yeah, it's a shame but a lot of new bikes are styled that way. Freaking ugly, IMO.
                    Other than that though, the FJ checks all the boxes for me.
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

... I love the look! The FJ style is pulling the heart strings of the FZ guys. 2 of my friends first bikes were FZs and I LOVE the dual eye look of my FZ. Aimed for us guys who learned to love Motorcycles on bikes that looks similar. Circle headlight=old/classic/harley.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                        Add me to this list

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          ... I love the look! The FJ style is pulling the heart strings of the FZ guys. 2 of my friends first bikes were FZs and I LOVE the dual eye look of my FZ. Aimed for us guys who learned to love Motorcycles on bikes that looks similar. Circle headlight=old/classic/harley.
                          It's not the headlights, more the tightly folded origami look of the bodywork. Lots of guys like it, I'm just not one of them.
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Got ya, I guess it takes a certain types of guys to like the yards of folded plastic. The dual H4 lights is awesome to have. My Fizzy put out more light then my car... But its been augmented and upgraded to HIDs.
                            Have you guys seen the Ducati scrambler... Here's one nice looking machine. Another bike that reasonably priced and I'm sure will be a great all rounder bike.

Then there is this bad-A$$ transformer, rocket engine, space shuttle, offspring, thing.... If you think the FJ is ugly you'll think this is hideously awesome...

New Kawi H2. 1000cc, supercharged 300HP...

Great bike are coming out!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                            X