Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Attention fellow "T" owners,

This is my second try and third overall (that I know of) thread to showcase your bike. I've made some upgrades to mine and you can see them in these two pics:

Jan 2013 - Delaware

May 2014 - New Mexico

Post em' up if you find time this busy Holiday Season.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Odd how that attempt keeps falling out. It would be a nice repository otherwise. Here it sit with some stablemates

Time to fire up the garage heater for winter projects.
    Last edited by yasser; 12-21-2014, 09:56 PM.
    Hondas
    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
    Suzuki
    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
    Kaw
    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Southern New Mexico

Moar pics...cause New Mexico was a beautiful place to ride! Ain't that right, Bill...!!!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        Moar pics...cause New Mexico was a beautiful place to ride! Ain't that right, Bill...!!!

Ed
        Yes sireeee bob there Ed, too bad I didn't get to take you up further up into the Gila again. I just saw the pic of your bike with the side panels, you gotta get those back on, makes the lines of the bike look cleaner!
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 12-21-2014, 10:23 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

What Stinking Side Covers?

^^I sold those side covers Bill--for like $10.

Every time I moved the bike, I would lean against the panel and it finally cracked. (When I was parking her like this)

I would like to make some steel side covers like Tank has on his "T" and paint them black. But like many things on backburner, that must wait.

Ed
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

More pics...cause New Mexico was a beautiful place to ride! Ain't that right, Bill...!!!

Ed
            I love those pics!

Reminds me of trips to rural New York, where it's only man and machine - and the open road.

You pull over, turn the engine off, and it's complete silence.

You look in all directions, and there's nobody to be seen.

It's why I'll ride till the day I die.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Which Way Did They Go?

^^Thanks for your feedback Rob.

Hmmm...wonder where all the "T" owners are besides Yasser and me?

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Can't have a "T" thread without THE 1100T...

'83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Right on. How was that bike this year? I note the chrome in front of the side covers, where the air box is on a 750. How come the chrome looks so small? Different air box I take it.
                  Hondas
                  Suzuki
                  Kaw
                  '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

That's A Spicy GS1100T

1100T, I love it Spyder! thanks for posting a picture of your beautiful bike.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Nice!! Good Looking Bikes!!

Comment

Chrome Side Covers

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                        Right on. How was that bike this year? I note the chrome in front of the side covers, where the air box is on a 750. How come the chrome looks so small? Different air box I take it.
                        Are you talking about his Primary Airbox and the chrome covers on it? They're about the same height as the Carbs...maybe the angle is misleading.

I think the Airbox for the 750 and the 1000 are the same for the years 1982-83.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I love those 4-1 exhaust systems. Makes the bikes come alive!

Comment

Are you talking about his Primary Airbox and the chrome covers on it? They're about the same height as the Carbs...maybe the angle is misleading.

I think the Airbox for the 750 and the 1000 are the same for the years 1982-83.

Ed
                            My observation is that the chrome doesn't make the same full contact with the side covers. Maybe that engine puts everything out of scale. That'll serve him right.
                            Hondas
                            Suzuki
                            Kaw
                            '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Full Contact

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                              My observation is that the chrome doesn't make the same full contact with the side covers. Maybe that engine puts everything out of scale. That'll serve him right.
                              Since I am at home now (Yay! Break from work and N. Florida) I took a quick pic to investigate your question. Here's what I got:

I don't have side covers and I understand what you're saying now. In any case, I wanted to take a pic and share my "T".

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X