Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deposit is placed on the new machine! The verdict is!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit is placed on the new machine! The verdict is!?!?!

A B-KING!!!

OK so I haven't looked at it in person yet for it's in Connecticut (5 hours) but I've been on the phone with BMW dealership for days and finally secured it and put 2/3 of the price down in deposit. With Sugaring season coming up and I'll be in the woods helping my buddy tap I'm not going to be able to swing down to pick it up till mid to late February. Very excited! I got this one for $5500 which is a steal and well bellow my budget!!!

SCORE!

FYI
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

'Busa in the buff. Very nice purchase. Congrats!
    '80 GS1000ST
    '92 ZX-11
    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Congrats.....I dont know the market for them, but with the aftermarket bits it seems like a good deal to me.
      Enjoy, and try not to let the anticipation get the best of you.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to the ugly naked club!!Nice choice, comfotable and sh*t load of power!!
        Hayabuser Dave will be along soon to tell you all about the one he used to own.
        Two just came up for a sale here...you did well!

and..

This is Dave's..the guy he sold it to now has it up for sale...I'll let Dave tell the story.

No signature

Comment

I don't want to talk about it.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Neat. I can't ever see the title of these without wanting to scoff a hamburger.
            They are quite meaty, and big, and hopefully not greasy, but if it keeps you warm...
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

OK, I'll talk about it. One of the coolest bikes I've owned, and also one of the most fun. Terrible for carrying stuff though... I had to buy a tank bag that mounted on a ring around the fuel filler as the expansive plastic on the fuel tank prevented the use of magnetic bags... $300 later, I had a nice little tank bag that wouldn't fit a standard size magazine, let alone much else. A pair of undies and some deodorant maybe... what more do you need on a bike trip? Panniers are also a no-go because of the shape of the rear plastics and the underseat exhaust although I have seen some with hard bags using a modified bracket for a different bike. Oh, the small 17L fuel tank doesn't last long... with such a huge "tank" area, I'm amazed that Suzuki didn't at least match the Hayabusa's 21L capacity. Silly.

So, not a long distance bike but one hell of a wicked hooligan machine for urban use! I wish the guy who now has mine wasn't clinically insane ($9999?!? Bwahahahahaha!!!!) as I would buy it back. I could use another mental-case in my garage, especially one with heated grips!

Join this forum, lots of good info and friendly folks: http://www.suzukib-king.org/

Time to torture myself with some pics from the good old days.... someone hand me a tissue.

Man... what a bike. Anybody want to buy a kidney?
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hard bags...

You can even get a windscreen...lol

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Hard bags...

You can even get a windscreen...lol

Terrible.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                    Terrible.
                    Yes but nice to know that you can travel with more than your panties and a tooth brush.
                    No signature

Comment

I like everything except the under-seat exhaust.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

For him that is just an added bonus as he rides his bikes though the Winter cold temps. like a few more of us.

Comment

I'm Super Pumped about getting this bike!!! I will be transplanting my Givi case over to the King from the FZ1. I will need to source a top rack for it and I will need to figure a top clip tank bag. It already has loads of goodies!!! Vstream screen, Corbin seat, engine guards, 2 bro's exhaust. I'll use it for some long trips this year but 17L vs the 18L tank of my FZ1 isn't that bad considering with my current gearing I see high 30's in MPG on the Fizzy... Apparently the King can get a steady 40mpg. Primarily the King will be my daily stead, ridden 2-4 hours daily (200 miles) and then used to commute to and from work. I will likely use it everyday starting late March (if the snow stays away.)

So pumped... It's going to make my FZ1 look and feel like a pipsqueak. Which is hard to wrap my head around.

More pics for you viewing pleasure(or Salt for Haybuer's wounds)

Yeah I'm a young buck... I LOVE the look of the undertail exhaust!

Just got my Rexiept for deposit and they are now listing the bike as sold... HAHAhaha...

BACK ON A SUZUKI BOYS!!!!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Spoken out of concern for a fellow GSer.....Are those 2 tiny dots supossed to serve as a taillight? Or am I missing something?
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Taillights are the lights just above the license plate bracket. Also my givi case has brake and running LEDs that are very bright. The stock Fizzy has small brake lights too.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                              X