Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This part of forum not for GS technical questions - most of the other parts are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This part of forum not for GS technical questions - most of the other parts are.

As title - please use your noggin.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Yes, I've been seeing an increase in "technical" question on here and in the GS Discussion area. I think we should be directing people to the area that would best service them. I'd think they just don't understand how things work here.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Most often, I just click on "New Posts" and don't even notice what forum I end up in.

However, when starting a thread, I make sure it's in the right place.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I think we should be encouraging new members to direct their posts to the correct location. Not say that anyone should be rude or condescending but simply nudge them in the right direction. It may not seem critical now, but when others try to search the forums for past posts they usually do it by topic. Any tech information on none tech topics will most likely get lost in the jumble.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

It's almost guaranteed that technical questions placed in here will elicit far fewer responses than when in the correct area. That said, the title of this section could be slightly clearer in meaning.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X