Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the GSF Line up be "officially added" to GSR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the GSF Line up be "officially added" to GSR?

Here's a Q for ya. Should we include the GSF (Bandit) lineup to the GSR fold? We added the gen 1 GSX-R which was a phenomenal and ground breaking machine but I would say its a bit distant in relation to a classic GS...

The GSF lineup may be more "New age" however the bikes do use a variation of the gen 1 GSX-R mill (minus the 250 and 400). More close to home with GS riders with its standard bars and up right seating positon. It is also a phenomenal lineup for any rider. When I upgraded from my GS750L the GSF1200S was the next logical step. So have at it GSR members and admins, should the the GSF be an official GSR bike like the gen1 GSX-R or should it be cast in the shadows with the other non worthy Zuk's?
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

The Bill Begins

Laws begin as ideas. These ideas may come from a Rep—or from a citizen like you. Citizens who have ideas for laws can contact their Representatives to discuss their ideas. If the Representatives agree, they research the ideas and write them into bills.

The Bill Is Proposed

When a Representative has written a bill, the bill needs a sponsor. The Representative talks with other Representatives about the bill in hopes of getting their support for it. Once a bill has a sponsor and the support of some of the Representatives, it is ready to be introduced.
    The Bill Is Introduced

In the U.S. House of Representatives, a bill is introduced when it is placed in the hopper—a special box on the side of the clerk’s desk. Only Representatives can introduce bills in the U.S. House of Representatives.
    When a bill is introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives, a bill clerk assigns it a number that begins with H.R. A reading clerk then reads the bill to all the Representatives, and the Speaker of the House sends the bill to one of the House standing committees.
    The Bill Goes to Committee

When the bill reaches committee, the committee members—groups of Representatives who are experts on topics such as agriculture, education, or international relations—review, research, and revise the bill before voting on whether or not to send the bill back to the House floor.
    If the committee members would like more information before deciding if the bill should be sent to the House floor, the bill is sent to a subcommittee. While in subcommittee, the bill is closely examined and expert opinions are gathered before it is sent back to the committee for approval.
    The Bill Is Reported

When the committee has approved a bill, it is sent—or reported—to the House floor. Once reported, a bill is ready to be debated by the U.S. House of Representatives.
    The Bill Is Debated

When a bill is debated, Representatives discuss the bill and explain why they agree or disagree with it. Then, a reading clerk reads the bill section by section and the Representatives recommend changes. When all changes have been made, the bill is ready to be voted on.
    The Bill Is Voted On

There are three methods for voting on a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives:
    1. Viva Voce (voice vote): The Speaker of the House asks the Representatives who support the bill to say “aye” and those that oppose it say “no.”
    2. Division: The Speaker of the House asks those Representatives who support the bill to stand up and be counted, and then those who oppose the bill to stand up and be counted.
    3. Recorded: Representatives record their vote using the electronic voting system. Representatives can vote yes, no, or present (if they don’t want to vote on the bill).

If a majority of the Representatives say or select yes, the bill passes in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill is then certified by the Clerk of the House and delivered to the U.S. Senate.
    The Bill Is Referred to the Senate

When a bill reaches the U.S. Senate, it goes through many of the same steps it went through in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill is discussed in a Senate committee and then reported to the Senate floor to be voted on.
    Senators vote by voice. Those who support the bill say “yea,” and those who oppose it say “nay.” If a majority of the Senators say “yea,” the bill passes in the U.S. Senate and is ready to go to the President.
    The Bill Is Sent to the President

When a bill reaches the President, he has three choices. He can:
    1. Sign and pass the bill—the bill becomes a law.
    2. Refuse to sign, or veto, the bill—the bill is sent back to the U.S. House of Representatives, along with the President’s reasons for the veto. If the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate still believe the bill should become a law, they can hold another vote on the bill. If two-thirds of the Representatives and Senators support the bill, the President’s veto is overridden and the bill becomes a law.
    3. Do nothing (pocket veto)—if Congress is in session, the bill automatically becomes law after 10 days. If Congress is not in session, the bill does not become a law.

The Bill Is a Law

If a bill has passed in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate and has been approved by the President, or if a presidential veto has been overridden, the bill becomes a law and is enforced by the government.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I would say it is a GS. But I am not sure this forum is a democracy.
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I Thought we were an autonomous collective.

Comment

Closely resembles arguments in the "Off Topic" section…meh

As for accepting GSF, and GSXF bikes, it's might be a choice of barbarian invasion or colonization…bring on your hoard of warriors and conquer us…please.

Doh…no hoards of GSF warriors at our gates?
          Well then nobody really cares.
          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-25-2015, 02:38 PM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

There are plenty of Bandit forums, from Maximum-Suzuki to the UK's banditforum. No need to get all inclusive, since those bikes are not put down here. If we have to keep adding stuff, pretty soon someone will say, "Hey, shouldn't all air-cooled bikes of a certain vintage also be included," and pretty soon, the GSR becomes the UJMR.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              There are plenty of Bandit forums, from Maximum-Suzuki to the UK's banditforum. No need to get all inclusive, since those bikes are not put down here. If we have to keep adding stuff, pretty soon someone will say, "Hey, shouldn't all air-cooled bikes of a certain vintage also be included," and pretty soon, the GSR becomes the UJMR.
              Agreed 100%. Let's keep this forum as it is. We already have areas for other brands. GSF questions, comments, etc... can be put there.

Comment

All hail the conquering bandit HORDES not hoards

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  Doh! Got me.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The GS series of bikes are sleepers right now. We can all quietly pick them up for a grand or two, work on them and contribute to this absolutely fantastic conversation concerning them. Look at the newer bikes on the road today. Will they be around 35 years from now? It may be another decade or two, but I think the GS series will rise exponentially in value. I say keep this Forum as it is without diluting it with other series of bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                      The GS series of bikes are sleepers right now. We can all quietly pick them up for a grand or two, work on them and contribute to this absolutely fantastic conversation concerning them. Look at the newer bikes on the road today. Will they be around 35 years from now? It may be another decade or two, but I think the GS series will rise exponentially in value. I say keep this Forum as it is without diluting it with other series of bikes.
                      Amen, said the choir. My GS550 is 36 and I expect it to outlive me.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                        Unless he was talking about collectors of Yamaha cruisers ...
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                          I only arose this question for I saw with no vote taken, that over night GSR included generation 1 GSX-R bikes. To me The GSX-R is more related to a GSF then as standard GS. So It would make sense to me since we now include gen 1 GSX-R's into our fold that we should fold in the Oil cooled Bandits.

BTW I have yet to see any questions or projects based off a Gen 1 GSX-R as of recent.
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 04-26-2015, 04:41 PM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The original GSX-Rs have an historical place here, perhaps. Even they were met with some skepticism among the members when they were added.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Slippery slopes everywhere!!!!
                              Beware the subtle sensible change
                              BEWARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X