Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the Homepage?

Or what have I missed?

I always go to the home page by clicking on the "The GSResources Homepage' link at the bottom of every forum screen.

I get thegsresources.com but my screen has almost none of the links the previous one did. No stator papers, no history, no contribution link, no forum link, etc. There is a link to the BOTM archive and links to threads for the Indiana and Missouri rallies. That is it.

Firefox browser which I know Frank and a lot of others here use so that can't be it.

Is everyone else getting a fully link-laden home page?
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Everything is working for me just fine and I use IE11. Can you click on the word forum and get here? I clicked on the word Technical and then stator papers - they displayed fine
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 05-18-2015, 11:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Just use the slider bar at the bottom of the page to slide the options over.
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        Aha!! Thanks. It did not even occur to me that there could be a horizontal slider. The screen is still not right on my machine, but at least I can access everything.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Garth, what browser are you using? I assume that you have the same screen I do with the links section off to the right hand of the screen by itself and needing the slide bar for access. But there isn't supposed to be a slide bar. That links section is actually supposed to be on the initial (and only) screen just below the logo part.

When I delivered Mr Ratley/Yellow Frank to Frank on Thursday I saw what the screen was supposed to look like on his computer and showed him the one I got on mine. If we can narrow down where the problem exists it will help him to fix it. I have the issue using the most recent Foxfire browser on both XP and Win 7 computers.

Nature bats last.

Comment

I'm using Firefox. From what others have posted on another thread { can't recall which } I got the impression that it displayed normally with Internet Explorer. I'm quite willing to use a slider bar to avoid using that program....
            I wonder if there is a display option somewhere in Firefox that would fix the problem. I haven't really messed with the settings as it isn't that big a deal with me.
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome 43 show the blue navigation bar directly under the GSResources logo. Firefox 38 has it on the right side of the logo so you have to use the slide bar to move over to see the navigation bar. I assume that Firefox is the offender here but it doesn't bother me enough to investigate. I usually go directly to the forums anyway.

Jim
              1981 GS550T (Long gone)
              1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Working...
              X