using an ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using an ipad

Does anyone know how to post pic's with an ipad?

Same as anyone else does it.

Host the pictures somewhere like Photobucket, Picassa, Image Shack, wherever, then copy the IMG links and paste them in your posts.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sorry I'm old for my age, I don't even have Facebook. Guess I got to look in to that photobuket thing!
      Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I just attach them from my ipad image file... Third item from end in that silly list of icons as you reply/post in text box. You only get to have one per reply, but no need to rely on outside forces.

oddly, it won't work in this general section of the forum easily, but try it in a technical category- f I can figure it out, anyone can. Just attach and hit upload and it usually shows up in your post
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          I just attach them from my ipad image file... Third item from end in that silly list of icons as you reply/post in text box. You only get to have one per reply, but no need to rely on outside forces.
          Yes, you can do it that way, but it is a bit of a nuisance to have to click on a thumbnail to see the full-size picture.

Another advantage of "rely[ing] on outside forces" is that you can have TEN pictures per post.
          One suggestion, though, is to limit the size of the picture to no more than about 1024 on the longer side.
          That prevents having nto scroll across the screen to see the whole picture.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Last night I was able to post a pic directly from my iPad but it keeps putting it upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
              Last night I was able to post a pic directly from my iPad but it keeps putting it upside down.
              I've seen that complaint from other members, too.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

this might help

Find out why many of your iPhone photos are upside down and what you can do to easily fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                  I had this problem until I realized that I was using the ipad upside down! The cover was mounted incorrectly.The camera lens on back side needs to on upper left back side when you take pic or it will be upside down when you send it, even though it appears ok on the iPad itself.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

My iPad is the right way, but I took the picture on my phone. I wonder if it was up side down?
                    thanks for the advice!

Comment

Turn off the auto-rotate button on your iPad. Then take a few pics with the iPad upside down, a few right side up. One is guaranteed to turn out correct on your post.

I access this site almost exclusively from my iPad. Why get out of bed if you're not going for a ride?
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Looks like the easiest thing to do is remember to shoot with the volume button facing down whether you actually use the button or not. That way at least you know the orientation should be correct. For curiosity sake I tried all photo orientations on my android phone and tablet and posted directly through Photobucket without using a PC and it figured out which way was up all on it's own. I guess by the article this guy figures it's a huge debate why the rest of the digital world is out of step with Apple.

"Your iPhone doesn’t convert any images to the correct orientation because that would keep it busy for a few seconds. Instead it simply saves all photos as they were recorded and adds information about their correct orientation to EXIF tags. This means that your iPhone is ready to shoot another photo within a fraction of a second, which is just awesome. The only problem is that some software developers, including Microsoft, ignore the information that’s stored in EXIF tags. There’s a huge debate about who’s right and who’s wrong in this situation, but I bet you don’t really care about that. What you really want to know is how to solve the problem of your photos appearing upside down."
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          Looks like the easiest thing to do is remember to shoot with the volume button facing down whether you actually use the button or not. That way at least you know the orientation should be correct. For curiosity sake I tried all photo orientations on my android phone and tablet and posted directly through Photobucket without using a PC and it figured out which way was up all on it's own. I guess by the article this guy figures it's a huge debate why the rest of the digital world is out of step with Apple.

"Your iPhone doesn’t convert any images to the correct orientation because that would keep it busy for a few seconds. Instead it simply saves all photos as they were recorded and adds information about their correct orientation to EXIF tags. This means that your iPhone is ready to shoot another photo within a fraction of a second, which is just awesome. The only problem is that some software developers, including Microsoft, ignore the information that’s stored in EXIF tags. There’s a huge debate about who’s right and who’s wrong in this situation, but I bet you don’t really care about that. What you really want to know is how to solve the problem of your photos appearing upside down."
                          Cool, I'll remember that!

Comment

Working...
                          X