June 2015 Motorcycle of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2015 Motorcycle of the Month

Nice looking 550T. Nice story to go along with it. The fellows father really kept good care of it for his son. I'm glad the father kept it in the family....

Now wait till Ed sees that a "T" made the BOTM... I'm sure it will make his day
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

I had to laugh at the statement "being an air cooled bike, he rode it 100-200 miles with no worry".

Really??????

I for one never knew these old bikes were capable of such hard daily use
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

June BOTM

Thanks for pointing me to the BOTM Storm.

My first surprise was the color...which is just about the same as my second "T's" tank.

The second surprise was that it's an 8V - T. I know 16Vs were not introduced until 1982 and for some reason, I thought it was the time "Ts" were introduced. I learn something new everyday.

It is a nice bike with a good story.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The 750T didn't get made until '82. There were many small T's throughout the 70's...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Where do I find bike of the month? I see "GS Photo of the Month," but that's all.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

BOTM & Homepage

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Where do I find bike of the month? I see "GS Photo of the Month," but that's all.
            Rob,

Go here:http://www.thegsresources.com

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

What a sweet bike! ...I am noticing the painted front and rear fender as a nice touch. ...I would have expected them to be chrome, like my 81 400, but Suzuki was so fond of variation.

Comment

Beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Very nice looking. I want it too.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X