Access to photos hosted by TheGSResources.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to photos hosted by TheGSResources.com

I recently tried to post some pictures that are hosted in my GSR photo album onto another site. This is the post. You will see that members of xs650 say they can not see the image in the post. It is a URL link back to my photoalbum in GSR.

There have been some recent interest in things electrical, and in fact some threads on a somewhat mysterious subject known as Grounding. Actually the broader subject is Power and Grounding, the study and art of how to distribute electrical power within your bikes electrical system and then get...

I assume it shows up for everyone here; is there a GSR block on external references to photos hosted at the GSR? If so I will probably stop using the GSR to host pictures.

I'm not sure what you're saying but I can see the photo when I click on your link as well as above ?
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

I imagine its an issue with the log pass information being required to access the pics.
      Yeah hosting pics here is silly anyway.

Comment

Yup. In fact, I believe that non-members can't even see the photos in the threads...I just tried after logging outl, nothing in the way of images showing up in the threads
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I closed Chrome then tried in a fresh instance of IE no images its log pass related.

Comment

....just tried again, and all of a sudden, I'm able to see some images in some posts. Strange
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

log out close your browser open it and copy the link and see
              it should not work at all

Comment

I guess the policy is a 1/2 way means to incentify non-members to sign up to 'see the pictures" where as they can see the posts without being a member.

I have seen this on a lot of other sites.

Comment

It alos protects content and prevents scraping of images and content.
                  Its a good thing

Comment

Why are you not using one of the free picture hosting sites? Seems a little strange to be using the GSR as your hosting site for other sites. I use imageshack.com but tinypic.com and photobucket.com are very good as well.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                      Why are you not using one of the free picture hosting sites? Seems a little strange to be using the GSR as your hosting site for other sites. I use imageshack.com but tinypic.com and photobucket.com are very good as well.
                      There is nothing strange except that now, I will be avoiding using the GSR for any image hosting. And yes I am well aware of many "free" services on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                        It alos protects content and prevents scraping of images and content.
                        Its a good thing
                        As per last post it, the limits on access to GSR content would drive me to host elsewhere on sites where there are not such limits.

i would imagine it would depend on ones personal objectives as to whether made any sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X