Everything's back to front!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything's back to front!

I'm new on this forum but I've been on other (British bike) forums, so I realise they vary a lot. But this one seems to order everything on a thread upside down. To see the latest post on my first thread (which has 3 pages and I think 23 posts), I have to click on Page 1 on that little list at bottom right of the screen. And the posts come out with the oldest first, and then I have to scroll to find the newest - all seems arse about face to me. Is there a simple way of changing the settings at my end, or is it just the way the forum is, and I'll have to get used to it?

I'm not massively bothered if the latter is the answer, but thought worth asking, as it would make using it a bit simpler. Thanks.

Go into My Settings/General Settings and if you scroll down a bit there should be options for thread ordering.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Sorry, I should have said - I've already looked at the FAQ section and gone into the settings thing, and it is already set to 'Newest First'. Mind you, on this thread, it actually seems to be coming out newest first!. I'll go back to the other thread and see if that's changed.

Comment

OK, just checked other thread. It HAS reordered itself so that the most recent appears fist, so that's good. But the page numbering is still back to front, ie: it is calling the 3rd page Page 1. Again, so what if it sticks like this? But, if it can be made more logical, it would be good.

Comment

It does take a bit of getting used to. If you are logged in you'll get the newest first, if not you get the first post on top as default settings.
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I quite like it the way it is, but I find it easier if I am coming into a thread for the the first time to start reading at the top and work my way down, like a book.

It is also helpful to change the number of posts per page to the maximum, as that will minimize the page flipping when reviewing the older posts.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

It is very different from almost any other forum I have been on....is there a reason for it, to be the way it is?

Comment

Working...
              X