picture size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picture size

When I joined the forum a month or so ago, I posted pictures and they were a reasonably large size.
    But the past several weeks that I have posted photos, they are almost avatar small.... how do I get my pictures to the same size they were when I first joined?
    Thanks

How were you posting them?
    Do you use photobucket?

Comment

No photo bucket
      I use the option on the forum to pick a picture from my computer each time

Comment

This is if I drag a URL from another site

[IMG][/IMG]

but when I use photos in my computer, they are small, where before they were large like this above photo?
        Last edited by Guest; 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I am having the same problem adding photos to a post so I did a search and found this link on the forum. I have not read this PDF entirely but it appears to be what you and I are looking for as it explains the posting photos procedure. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...t_pictures.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
            No photo bucket
            I use the option on the forum to pick a picture from my computer each time
            Can you explain where this feature is? The insert image icon in the Quick Reply bar only lets me insert a URL
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Can you explain where this feature is? The insert image icon in the Quick Reply bar only lets me insert a URL
              Easy solution there is ... don't use the insert image icon.

Really, about the best solution is to host the pictures somewhere. Many of us use Photobucket, others use Picassa, Image Shack, etc. In Photobucket, I have my preferences set to re-size anything I upload to 800x600, which is a decent size, but reduces the space used in my account, to allow for more pictures. Copy the IMG link from PB, just paste the link, do not use the 'insert image' icon. When posting more than one picture, hit the ENTER key twice between each picture link to give it a white space between the pictures.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Easy solution there is ... don't use the insert image icon.

Really, about the best solution is to host the pictures somewhere. Many of us use Photobucket, others use Picassa, Image Shack, etc. In Photobucket, I have my preferences set to re-size anything I upload to 800x600, which is a decent size, but reduces the space used in my account, to allow for more pictures. Copy the IMG link from PB, just paste the link, do not use the 'insert image' icon. When posting more than one picture, hit the ENTER key twice between each picture link to give it a white space between the pictures.

This is the way I do it as well.

I have a suspicion I know what is going on with 'busa, but I don't want to say anything yet...
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                X