Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photobucket...changes and linking images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobucket...changes and linking images?

Today is the very first time I have had problems with Photobucket linking to have images show up in a thread (this thread). Copying the direct image link copied from Photobucket used to pop the image into the thread, but now two things are different.

1. the links do not show up on the right side of the page in Photobucket. Now you have to hover over the image to get the "Share" button, from which you can navigate to the IMG code, and

2. when the IMG code is pasted into the post, it is just coming up as a link instead of the image. The code also looks to be incorrect.

Weirdly enough, when I post the same code here, it works.

Looking back the BOTM thread, it seems the code is being changed. Any insights, anyone?
    Last edited by BigD_83; 08-27-2015, 01:46 PM.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Can't answer your question, but I have tried in the past to copy the picture of the BOTM to post on the thread that is saying "I like it", but can't even do that.

Might be something with the BOTM thread, as I have not had problems with any other PhotoBucket links.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It appears that you are correct, based on my quick tests of the BOTM sub-forum. I can definitely post the image in other subforums, and I just noticed that Frank has told us to NOT post pictures in that particular subforum:
      Last edited by BigD_83; 08-27-2015, 02:14 PM.
      '83 GS650G

Comment

Hmm.... I didn't notice that change til you pointed it out. I see you can still copy the same way from the thumbnail view though......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          ... and I just noticed that Frank has told us to NOT post pictures in that particular subforum:
          I don't want to post anything there, I just want to copy the picture of the current BOTM and post it wherever someone says "Hey, check out this month's BOTM." They don't even bother posting a link, I have always thought a picture would be nice. If you like the picture, you could then go find the page and read all about it, but I can't copy the picture to the other thread.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

I have been seeing this for some time; photos disappearing. Sometimes photobucket but also in this link there are attachments that have disappeared.
            Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

The image that is shown is a recent edit by me (preceded by "href")=. The other links (preceded by "img scr=") are attachments that I would have assumed would have persisted but apparently have been lost.

Last edited by posplayr; 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

[/URL]

I just copied the IMG code from "Share Links" in my Photobucket account.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hi Charlie,

now try posting that same picture into my previous BOTM thread (link in post #1), and you shouldn't be able to...
                '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I don't want to post anything there, I just want to copy the picture of the current BOTM and post it wherever someone says "Hey, check out this month's BOTM." They don't even bother posting a link, I have always thought a picture would be nice. If you like the picture, you could then go find the page and read all about it, but I can't copy the picture to the other thread.

Instead of copying the image, I just screen shot it...I actually have not tried to straight out copy it.
                  '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    Instead of copying the image, I just screen shot it...I actually have not tried to straight out copy it.
                    Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish, but if you just right click the image, or long press on a tablet you can do a Save As. Then do whatever you want with it.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

TESTING, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, TESTING, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen...

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Nice muffin shot, Allie.

The issue is not about posting images in this thread...the original question, now answered, was posted when I was not able to post an image in the thread I started in the BOTM sub-forum.

dang it, now I'm hungry
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

Let me fix that for you.
                          Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          TASTING, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, TASTING, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen...
                          sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Charlie, at what cathedral was that photo taken?
                            sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                            '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                            '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                            '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                            '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                            '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                            '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                            '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                            '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                            '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Very nice, Mr. Steve!
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                              X