help with pin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with pin...

New to the forum and need a little help. I have a 1978 suzuki gs1000. I had my side covers off for powdercoating, after I got it back together and pulled the drain pan out I found a pin that I have no idea where it came from or if it is even from this bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's part of the switch for the neutral light. I bet the light hasn't been working?

#40 in this pic...

Get OEM parts at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC! We carry major powersport brands like Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am and more!

That didn't work, go to '78, GS 1000, look at the gear shifting picture, it's number 40.
    Last edited by tkent02; 05-15-2016, 09:21 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. That kinda looks like it. I don't know if the light works or not. I bought the bike not running and in peices and am slowly putting it back together. Just got the carbs back not I am trying to figure out where the vacuum lines run too. But this part worried me.

Comment

Well it's a harmless enough part. I bet someone pulled it apart a long time ago, dropped the pin in the muck from the chain and it's been sitting there ever since.

Comment

Vacuum line on #3 goes to the petcock, the others on #2 and #4 are just vents, they need to stay open to atmosphere.

Comment

Awesome thanks alot for the info. Not real familiar with the bike. But trying to learn.

Comment

Working...
            X