Andy "Pillage" Pilla Has Passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy "Pillage" Pilla Has Passed away

Unfortunately Andy "Pillage" Pilla has lost his fight and is now at peace. Andy was a founding organizer in all of the New England GSR rides and came to all the New England GSR events. He was Larger than life and always had people gravitating towards him. If you were feeling down ,it was over as soon as he showed up. He was great ride captain and led many GSR rides for the New England crew. he would ride the wheels off any bike that was lucky enough to be under him. We have all been riding together for almost 15 years and he will be missed more than I can express. RIP Pillage Here is a pic of the Very first GSR ride I went on. Andy is admiring my GS 1150 ES wearing the the Suzuki shirt. I think this was 2003. A slimmer yours truly is sporting the bald head and Luke (Ihanscom) can be seen in this pic to.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by skip; 06-03-2017, 12:46 PM.

Originally posted by skip View Post
    Unfortunately Andy "Pillage" Pilla has lost his fight and is now at peace. Andy was a founding organizer in all of the New England GSR rides and came to all the New England GSR events. He was Larger than life and always had people gravitating towards him. If you were feeling down ,it was over as soon as he showed up. He was great ride captain and led many GSR rides for the New England crew. he would ride the wheels off any bike that was lucky enough to be under him. We have all been riding together for almost 15 years and he will be missed more than I can express. RIP Pillage Here is a pic of the Very first GSR ride I went on. Andy is admiring my GS 1150 ES wearing the the Suzuki shirt. I think this was 2002. A slimmer yours truly is sporting the bald head and Luke (Ihanscom) can be seen in this pic to.
    Sorry to hear about this Skip. I know you were trying hard to put together a ride with him and others in recent days. Time is short and we don't know what we'll get. Maybe a memorial ride is in order some time this summer. Pass along condolences to the family.

Comment

thinking of organizing a ride to Colebrook NH , it was one the first of many Over nighters that we as a GSR group went on over the years, and one of his favorites.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss of another member. RIP
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Skip, thanks for sharing.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Adirondack Ride in 2011.

I agree, he was a wonderful guy.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Andy was truly one of my many dear friends here, especially in the New England group.
            He would give you the shirt off his back while making you smile at the same time.
            I can proudly say I had the privilege to know and ride with Pillage and
            look forward to the day we can again.
            Wheelie one with St. Peter for us Andy.
            We'll miss you brother.
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I've never got the pleasure of meeting Andy, but he sounds like a fun loving guy. Sorry to hear of his passing...
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Condolences on his passing, we exchanged a few PM's over the years and he seemed to be a guy with his head and heart on a good path.....
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I am totally speechless.. Such unfortunate news to hear and definitely have Lori in my prayers. I had only known him for 5-6 years and from my experiences he was truly an incredible person.

I'll remember the rides he had lead and the time I spent with him on the Catskills and Colebrook rides and among the other local rides.
                  Last edited by tas850g; 06-05-2017, 08:31 PM.
                  1979 GS850G
                  2004 SV650N track bike
                  2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                  LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

****, that's a sad Saturday night. Let's do something for his family.

Comment

Never the pleasure but it sounds as though a great sole has moved along. Here's to hoping it's not all Yamaha's in the next life.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I never had the pleasure as well but it just sucks losing a member of the GS family.

Heartfelt condolences go out to his family.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Doug called me last night and I am truly saddened by this news. I always looked forward to seeing Andy at our gatherings. He had an amazing presence and sense of humor that cannot be replaced. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
                            Pillage, Skip, Ihanscom
                            You guys are pillars to this site. A bunch of your antics built the GSR foundation. Condolences on the loss of your friend.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

This is Andy's obituary
                              I'm at a loss for words. We went to a bike blessing a few weeks ago. He rode his Honda 750F with sidecar up to Bartlett NH. Beautiful day and Reverend Norma did a great blessing for us. Ride in peace my friend and brother.

WESTFORD - Andrew D. Pilla, age 57, passed away on Friday, June 2, 2017 after a short battle with pancreatic cancer.

Andy is the son of the late Eleanor (Moulla) Pilla and younger brother of the late Mark Pilla. He is survived by his loving wife of thirty one years, Lori (Mietzner) Pilla; his daughter, Stacey Pilla and his grandson little Andrew of Westford; and his sisters, Nancy Frary and her husband, David of Mashpee and Jean Pierce and her husband, Scott of Amesbury.

Andy was raised in Bedford, MA and was a resident of Westford where he resided for twenty years.

He was employed as an assistant controller at IEP Technologies in Marlborough. Andy was an avid motorcyclist and enjoyed playing golf, fishing, playing games of all kinds and making puzzles with his daughter, Stacey. He also enjoyed live music, a good party and telling jokes, both good and bad.

ARRANGEMENTS - Family and friends may gather to honor and remember Andy at the J. A. HEALY SONS FUNERAL HOME, 57 N. Main St., WESTFORD, on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 from 4 to 8pm. A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Project Purple at www.projectpurple.org or Avon Walk for Breast Cancer atwww.avon39.org Andy’s page (participant Andy Pilla), of which Andy participated on the motorcycle safety team in Boston for 14 years.
                              Keith
                              -------------------------------------------
                              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
                              X