supporting forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supporting forum?

I appreciate the great info I have already received on questions about my new "old" bike. Especially like that the site is not overrun with ads. Did a search tool of "support" and "donate" got nothing. If one was to support the web sites upkeep cost how would one go about it? No vender sponsors? how come? I am on a couple old car forums and the venders get ads column on side of sites homepage, in exchange they give members a discount.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2017, 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If you go to the GSR home page and scroll down a bit, there is a link for Support Us. ( or you can just click on the link here)

One of the things that we really like about the site is the lack of advertising. Yes, we have a few vendors here as members, and they keep it VERY low-key. They are happy to offer technical advice, but I don't think I have even seen them say "yeah, we have that in stock". Not sure that any of them offer discounts, but for the most part, we are happy to pay a fair price for a good product.

When you choose to donate, you can choose your own amount, there is no set price, and you will have another line under your Mosquito13 and Forum Newbie that proclaims you are a Site Supporter. If you donate over a certain amount (not sure if it's $20 or $25), you will be a Super Site Supporter. If you want to remain rather low-key and not brag about it, you can send a message along with your donation, asking to remain anonymous and there will be no mention of it in your profile. There are several of us that exercise that option.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Done. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Fine reminder. I've been a supporter in the past but it might have been a year or two since I last opened up the wallet for GSR. Now I'm a supportive member again.

Oh, and in the event you're curious about site costs, there's a page near the top of the forum.
          Last edited by kerrfunk; 07-01-2017, 06:17 PM.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

sent a paypal payment http://salecalc.com/paypal aka Frank on the 1st July. This site has already been a great resource for me . Thanks
            Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2017, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              Fine reminder. I've been a supporter in the past but it might have been a year or two since I last opened up the wallet for GSR. Now I'm a supportive member again.

Oh, and in the event you're curious about site costs, there's a page near the top of the forum.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-Balance-Sheet
              Kerry, I think only supporters get to see that page.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
              X