Maximum picture size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum picture size?

Hi all. I tried to find the answer to these two questions in the forum, but was unable to so here they are:

I have tried a few times to "drag and drop" pictures into the body of one of my posts, and most of the time I have gotten an error that tells me the photo is too big. So what is the maximum size they can be to add them successfully?

Also: when I use to the "Insert Image" button to add a photo, it creates a thumbnail of the picture, which then expands to full size when you click on it. Does the same size limitation apply to that method?

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    Hi all. I tried to find the answer to these two questions in the forum, but was unable to so here they are:

I have tried a few times to "drag and drop" pictures into the body of one of my posts, and most of the time I have gotten an error that tells me the photo is too big. So what is the maximum size they can be to add them successfully?

Also: when I use to the "Insert Image" button to add a photo, it creates a thumbnail of the picture, which then expands to full size when you click on it. Does the same size limitation apply to that method?
    I don't go that route and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my photobucket account, but...........

......if photobucket is what you are using you can copy and paste the image if you enlarge it in photobucket with the magnifying glass in the upper right corner first then use your pc control to do a copy and paste. Don't rely on photobuckets buttons on GSR's.
    Example: a pic of a sand sculpture on Madera Beach I took a month ago.

The same copy and paste works most internet images.
    Example: Google image of GSX1100F.

This way there is never any message about the pic size. I never know what size it will show up as, but this method rarely fails.

Hope this helps.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hi Rick. Thanks for that answer. I don't use Photobucket; it seems like whenever I go to their website to view other members' pictures, it's always painfully slow. I don't know what their problem is, but I know it doesn't have to be that way - which is why I use Flickr instead.

The instances that I was referring to in my initial thread is when I try to attach photos directly from my computer - i.e. NOT another website.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        ............. is when I try to attach photos directly from my computer - i.e. NOT another website.
        Which is directly related to the cause of what your concern is.
        Doing it that way you are expecting the GSR site to host/store your photo. (which apparently the site is not equipped for, so reduces the picture and has other limitations).

WHat is better is to have your photo stored/hosted somewhere else, and then use what is called "IMG code", somehow copy the "IMG code" from the hosting site (they usally have some button/function for that) and then paste (Control-V) that into the posting here.

Now, which photo hosting site is another entire subject/discussion... especially since Photobucket recently decided that such IMG code (they call 3rd party hosting) is now a premium feature that cost way too much. Hence all the other postings recently about photo hosting.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just use Google Photos. No hassle and quick to load. And free.
          Richard
          sigpic
          GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
          GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
          Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
          X