Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the Florida GS family ( Hurricane Irma )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the Florida GS family ( Hurricane Irma )

My fellow Floridians, i just simply wish you all a safe weekend, and hope we ( and our bikes ) make it out fine on the other side!!
    PS. I will be participating in the "Shooting at Irma" event on Sunday. Haha JK guys, BE SAFE!!!!!!
    I build Pipers

I second this...

As most may know, I lived in JAX from Aug/2014 until April 2016 working for Boeing and I have friends in the area.

Please take care if you decide to stay and if you are evacuating, safe travels.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
      My fellow Floridians, i just simply wish you all a safe weekend, and hope we ( and our bikes ) make it out fine on the other side!!
      PS. I will be participating in the "Shooting at Irma" event on Sunday. Haha JK guys, BE SAFE!!!!!!
      I'm seeing it as a mini vacation and am looking towards a few days off. lol

PS, I put the 1000G in the barn where she was before and she has company this time. I know my neighbors are happy seeing all the bikes out of my driveway.

Keep safe Brandon.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thanks Rick, the gf and I were planning to evacuate, but my new job needed help prepping. So we decided to stick it out... Makes me look good. also you know what that means right...
        I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
          Thanks Rick, the gf and I were planning to evacuate, but my new job needed help prepping. So we decided to stick it out... Makes me look good. also you know what that means right...
          No what? Your close to getting a 1000 again?
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

exactly!!!
            I build Pipers

Comment

It's easy to remember the name Andrew.
              Hope you all make reasonable decisions, because it's mostly the idiots who are seen later on TV.
              And best wishes through Monday.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Best wishes to everyone in that area during this trying time and hoping you all will be safe.

On the southern tip of this continent where we have just gone through a winter with much lower than average rainfall (with severe water usage restrictions in place), and NEVER EVER experience hurricanes or tornadoes, the images we saw on TV of the devastation caused by Harvey were distressing enough.

Our thoughts are with you all.

Regards from Cape Town, South Africa
                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Hanging out here also. Looks like west coast is gonna take the harder hit at this point but you never know.
                  David
                  1998 Suzuki Bandit
                  1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                  1978 GS1000 - gone
                  1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Best wishes. Be safe.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The further west it goes before it turns north, the worse things look for Tampa Bay and the west coast. A friend is only 80% straightened out from Hermine (over a yr ago) and is set to get flooded again in the coastal town of Suwannee.
                      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                      1983 GS 1100 G
                      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

well my power is back on!!!! wasn't even off long enough for my beer to get warm!!!
                        I build Pipers

Comment

Good to hear you made it through, now about that G. I'll need some heads up. It's in the barn out at my parents and is buried behind the other bikes and the '55. At the moment there is a river crossing the path back to the barn and that whole area of the property is a swamp. I used the Yukon to clear the pine tree that was blocking the path, but it may be a week before it dries up back there. I put it in 4 wheel to get back there, but going through it with a trailer is something different.

Still waiting to here from Dave, Earl, Chris, Don and a few other that chime in now and then.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I Have been looking to hear from Don .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              I Have been looking to hear from Don .

Post # 50.
                              1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                              1983 GS 1100 G
                              2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                              2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                              1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
                              X