Bye bye GS 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye bye GS 1100

At one point in time I had four gs motorcycles one 550, Two 750's and one 1100E

Sold the 1100E yesterday with much regret, what a bike! but it did need some work and had been lowered and frame messed with (Raked I think is what they called it?)

Now a friends co-worker is making me some serious offers for my first and only Gs left my 750.

I have another motorcycle that I ride most of the time and use for long distance rides, the 750 was just cool to have around.

But this guys offer was upped this morning to $3800 and that is not bad for a bike I paid $650 for and spent couple hundred on getting charging system working and then brakes and tires and just a few more little items.

Hard decisions

Go on, take the money and run.

Comment

Not that hard....$3800 is a lot of bucks for an old GS unless you have done a lot to it.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

How connected are you to this bike? You could break up with her for $3800...couldn't you? Plus, you said, "the 750 was just cool to have around". I think you could find another bike that meets that requirement for the price offered. Let us know what you decide.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

$3800 for a 750!?!?
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

If you're really fond of 750's, take the $3800, go on Craigslist and buy yourself three or five of them.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
              If you're really fond of 750's, take the $3800, go on Craigslist and buy yourself three or five of them.
              Exactly that!!!
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I certainly understand having an emotional attachment to a bike but $3800 is a LOT of coin for a GS750.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Take the money and run.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hey, hey, hey! Nothing wrong with a GS750 going for that price!

Pete's rebuild was worthy of $3K. Maybe Trent installed titanium parts! Lol

Ed

EDIT: you could buy several 750s with $3800.
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 10-21-2017, 09:38 PM.
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

He has now made a offer of a nice 92 5.0 mustang and $1,000 bucks, says he would rather do that than straight up money deal. DUNNO what to do!

Money aside my Gs 750 rides and handles and has power that many new(er) bikes I've rode don't have? Even my Tiger 800 XR lacks some of the feel the ole 750 does so money aside it is toughdecision.

Lot of labor took all the way down, frame repainted ,remade the wiring harness polished the motor cases to almost chrome looking, same with swingarm and a nice exhaust?

I've seen some GS's on craigslist and a few other outlets and some of them going for $2500 to $3,000 were chopped up and cafe hacked seats in half? I just figured that these bikes have went up a lot lately.

Some of the adds seemed like jokes, hacked up frame and primer painted, seat cut in half with foam stickin out.....$2750" so I figured this guy offer was good but not crazy???
                      Last edited by trent; 10-22-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Having owned my bike since '99, I know attachment. I also know I can get a minty one for a bit over 3k.
                        It would have been loaded up and sent off before the buyer came to his senses if I was in that situation.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Having owned my bike since '99, I know attachment. I also know I can get a minty one for a bit over 3k.
                          It would have been loaded up and sent off before the buyer came to his senses if I was in that situation.
                          Best deal on what I consider a nearly finished and completed Gs I've found around me in the last two years were both 1100's Best of two, guy wanted $2500 and it needed exhaust and tires and headset bearings replaced chain and sprockets and carbs redone? and the on to the looks, wheels needed help and other things like side cover were off of two different colored bikes?>

I Don't think I'm getting rid of my 750, I'm thinking $4500 would get me seriously thinking about it... but thats just me

Comment

Understood. The 3k I referred to was from watching E bay sales on 1150s, and would involve transport, etc. 82-3 1100e bikes usually fetch more $ then the 1150.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                              Best deal on what I consider a nearly finished and completed Gs I've found around me in the last two years were both 1100's Best of two, guy wanted $2500 and it needed exhaust and tires and headset bearings replaced chain and sprockets and carbs redone? and the on to the looks, wheels needed help and other things like side cover were off of two different colored bikes?>

I Don't think I'm getting rid of my 750, I'm thinking $4500 would get me seriously thinking about it... but thats just me
                              For $4500, it would have to be under a couple thousand miles on the odometer, in museum perfect condition and looking like it came out of the factory yesterday. heh
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X