Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password

I have forgotten my password. I don't need it for the PC I am using right now because it is set up to stay "signed in." On my iPad I can't log on and there seems to be no provision for "forgot password.' Can I get my password from the administrator or a moderator?
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

If you are signed in on a machine, you should be able to update/change passwords and then save it again.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

I was thinking you have to know your current password to do that. edit..After checking it does seem you have to enter your current password to edit it.
      Last edited by 1948man; 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM.
      1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

It's kind of geeky but if you have the log in active on your PC what you do is log out, then click on your user name and it should auto fill, then click on the password box and it should also auto fill but don't hit enter to log in. What you do now is highlight the asterisks so they are highlighted, then right click on the highlighted area and select "inspect element from the drop down menu. You will see a horizontal window open at the bottom of the screen with a line highlighted in blue. At the end of this line is the word password in quotes, double click there and change password to text and hit enter. Your password should now be displayed. You'll now to have repeat the procedure and change text back to password to hide your password again.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Good to know Sandy...the ol copy & paste!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Good to know Sandy...the ol copy & paste!

Ed
            Not really a copy and paste but you can probably do that once you can see the password. It's more that you are revealing what's under asterisk. I use it lot's on client machines where they've forgotten passwords.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I was thinking, copy & paste the hidden password (autosave) and paste it to Current​ password in change password process. But your suggestion allows one to keep forgotten password.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Not really a copy and paste but you can probably do that once you can see the password. It's more that you are revealing what's under asterisk. I use it lot's on client machines where they've forgotten passwords.
                Thanks, I'll try it.
                1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Do you use chrome?

Comment

Working...
                  X