Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a complete original exhaust system for a 1978 (chain driven) GS 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a complete original exhaust system for a 1978 (chain driven) GS 1000

If you have one or know of one, please contact me. Phil. philbaker631@gmail.com

Might want to try sending a PM to gordinho80.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Try that.
      I can text him if you don't get a response.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My '79 GS1000E was less than a year old when I replaced the stock exhaust with an RC Engineering 4 into 1. The stock exhaust was in perfect condition. I still remember banging and crushing the exhaust down so it would fit in the trash can. I still can't believe I did that. Wonder what a perfect condition exhaust would bring now. At least I still have the bike.
        No help, I know. Just remembering. Hope you find what you're looking for.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
          My '79 GS1000E was less than a year old when I replaced the stock exhaust with an RC Engineering 4 into 1. The stock exhaust was in perfect condition. I still remember banging and crushing the exhaust down so it would fit in the trash can. I still can't believe I did that. Wonder what a perfect condition exhaust would bring now. At least I still have the bike.
          No help, I know. Just remembering. Hope you find what you're looking for.
          The new factory exhaust would probably be worth more than you paid ofr the whole bike now. LOL
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            The new factory exhaust would probably be worth more than you paid ofr the whole bike now. LOL
            You're killing me, Earl. I don't know what a perfect condition exhaust would bring, but my '79 GS1000E was $3,149 OTD with a new Bell Star helmet.
            Incidentally, I have kept my ZX14's exhaust. In perfect shape and it's silicone misted and plastic wrapped and put away. You never know. Maybe someday it will be worth a ton. I make mistakes, but never twice.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X