Rearsets for 1100G model's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearsets for 1100G model's

Well I'm sure that this has been covered before but I'm new to this forum so please forgive me. I have a 82 GS1100G that I'm trying to purchase rearsets for. I contacted Jim from Fast from the Past and Tarozzi doesn't make them. I haven't tried Raask yet. I thought I'd check with the forum to see what others are doing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Good luck finding them, unless you have some serious fabrication skills.

Seems there aren't too many options for "sporty" footpegs on what is essentially a touring motorcycle.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You might be interested in this, http://suzukigs1100g1982.blogspot.co...ance-ride.html
      It's a 1982 GS1100G with Raask Rearsets.

Not mine of course but, a quick Google search provided this.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Seems there aren't too many options for "sporty" footpegs on what is essentially a touring motorcycle.

Functional vs Practicality. And it's all a matter of "what craves the spirit" vs "OEM".

It looks good (and progressive) on a newer bike (like my first bike) but on these older bikes, kinda out of place. But that's just my opinion.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

If the bike is redone for performance they'll look part of the build. If you just bold them on a dirty old bike, they look newbee.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

If the bike is redone for performance they'll look part of the build. If you just bolt them on a dirty old bike, they look newbee.
            On my bike, I can't get excited about the idea. Don't care to squat all day on a road bike just to feel cool, they are long distance bikes by design.
            I would like to move the pegs back just 2 inches, no more and no higher.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              If the bike is redone for performance they'll look part of the build. If you just bolt them on a dirty old bike, they look newbee.
              On my bike, I can't get excited about the idea. Don't care to squat all day on a road bike just to feel cool, they are long distance bikes by design.
              I would like to move the pegs back just 2 inches, no more and no higher.
              Yes, definitely. Maybe 3 inches. And maybe a skosh lower. But that looks like 8 or 10. The bars are also a bit lower than I would choose. The article says it was built for distance. I thought maybe he likes to lay down on the tank, but he mentions plans for a windshield. For that kind of distance riding, I just use the rear pegs.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I knew that bike looked familiar - Londonboards. He is a member here.

Also Gordinho80, another member here had some plates made up to fit Hayabusa units.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've ridden that bike to the end of the block and back and it was perfectly comfortable. I'd love to ride it on a longer trip and see how the rear sets improve it's "long ride" comfort. I have an 1100g which I've ridden 6400 miles on a trip to Ontario, Canada from California and back and I found the stock peg placement to be fine as well. I ride with Superbike bars, which are close to what Londonboards has on that bike and I'm 5-10 tall. I could never rationalize spending that kind of money on rear sets when I needed rear shocks, front fork springs, fork brace, new tires, ect. I'm a tight wad like that....... Oh yes...brake lines, new LED bulb, seat cover, R&R, Stator..........We should meet up when the weather gets warmer. I'm 4 hours south.
                  Last edited by Charlie G; 12-07-2017, 11:57 AM.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I did look into the Raask rearsets and the placement is to far back for me. I would like for it to be two or three inches back at the most and no higher. I have Superbike bars on it now. I'm a shorter rider and find it more comfortable with my feet a little more back. I'll keep looking for a creative solution. Happy to pay for the services for someone who can help make it happen. Thanks again
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I have a set for a GS1000 that I would part with. Don't know if they fit a GS1100 or if they fit your needs.
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

With rearsets and lower bars, you can transfer some more of the weight off of your butt to your thighs. Especially in concert with some lower bars. I've always put them on my Commandos. My RD has them too, and I have a set to put on the skunk. I don't expect to go there with the Gs in my stable. Don't knock it until you've tried it though. They don't necessarily force you into a racer crouch. They can be quite comfortable and better than stock for long rides, depending upon your equipment and personal preferences. Usually, rearward vision in the mirrors is compromised moderately to severely.

Low bars without rearsets is just stupidly uncomfortable to use, not to mention humorous to see in practice.

I bought a set of Raask for my RD400 from Omar's years ago. They don't work on my 400. I think they are made for a 350 with a cable brake. The part number says it fits, but they don't. That bike is running Moto Carrera rearsets instead. Someday I'll use them on something.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

You can see mine here. I lost the rear pegs with my setup but I’m sure you could achieve equivalent setup and keep the rear pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                            With rearsets and lower bars, you can transfer some more of the weight off of your butt to your thighs. Especially in concert with some lower bars. I've always put them on my Commandos. My RD has them too, and I have a set to put on the skunk. I don't expect to go there with the Gs in my stable. Don't knock it until you've tried it though. They don't necessarily force you into a racer crouch. They can be quite comfortable and better than stock for long rides, depending upon your equipment and personal preferences. Usually, rearward vision in the mirrors is compromised moderately to severely.

Low bars without rearsets is just stupidly uncomfortable to use, not to mention humorous to see in practice.

I bought a set of Raask for my RD400 from Omar's years ago. They don't work on my 400. I think they are made for a 350 with a cable brake. The part number says it fits, but they don't. That bike is running Moto Carrera rearsets instead. Someday I'll use them on something.

I agree with you I like to have my weight distributed evenly and find it more comfortable. I also prefer how motorcycles handle and the better feedback from the road when choosing a line or adjusting to conditions.

Comment

Working...
                            X