Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions 1979 GS 850 - petcock advice on good value non original petcock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions 1979 GS 850 - petcock advice on good value non original petcock.

Hi, I have a leaky non original petcock on my GS 850. I am hoping to find a good value replacement petcock rather than the official $100 Suzuki replacement.

Any links or suggestions of replacement non genuine petcock?

thanks

Originally posted by butterbeatsrecordstore View Post
    Hi, I have a leaky non original petcock on my GS 850. I am hoping to find a good value replacement petcock rather than the official $100 Suzuki replacement.

Any links or suggestions of replacement non genuine petcock?

thanks
    Only two real choices, get the OEM or purchase a Pingel set up, those aren't cheap either. There is a third choice, though can't remember the name, I'm sure someone here will have it. Some of the other aftermarket ones can be questionable. Don't even bother with a rebuild kit, they have a high failure rate.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Only two real choices, get the OEM or purchase a Pingel set up, those aren't cheap either. There is a third choice, though can't remember the name, I'm sure someone here will have it. Some of the other aftermarket ones can be questionable. Don't even bother with a rebuild kit, they have a high failure rate.
      Get a Pingle. They have a positive off, reserve, and on. No crappy vacuum. You'll need the petcock and adaptor - not cheap, but by far better than stock.

Comment

Working...
      X