Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver Motorcycle Show Jan 19,20 and 21st

Hi guys,
    I have been pestering (I know, hard to believe) the show organizers for the last few years to put in a classic motorcycle display. I like going to the show and when I look around I think that they miss the boat by not showing some motorcycle history too.
    So this year they agreed to give me a 20ft by 30ft or 600sqft booth! So through our BC Classic Motorcycle Club we are putting in around a dozen bikes. We made up ne T-shirts with a new logo to sell at the show. What a great opportunity...last years attendance was just over 31,000 people!

No signature

Nobody from BC going to this?
    No signature

Comment

Getting the bikes ready....and I'm pleased that Jay excepted my invitation to show his custom XS650....23 years old and so much talent!

This Yamaha XS650 bike was built for Michael Lichters “Motorcycles as Art” show. Much of the new frame and swing arm lines were inspired from the bikes original design, while the hand formed aluminum body section materialized with the desire for a very fluid yet aggressive natural looking design. As the design developed Jay drew parallels and took inspiration from the form and function of a Giant Oceanic Manta Ray, creating the name “Manta”. Since completion the bike has been featured in Cycleworld Magazine, as part of Michael Lichters show Bio, online at Bike EXIF, and will be on the cover of the newest edition of Retro Bike Magazine out of Australia as the very first Canadian bike featured.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Getting the bikes ready....and I'm pleased that Jay excepted my invitation to show his custom XS650....23 years old and so much talent!

This Yamaha XS650 bike was built for Michael Lichters “Motorcycles as Art” show. Much of the new frame and swing arm lines were inspired from the bikes original design, while the hand formed aluminum body section materialized with the desire for a very fluid yet aggressive natural looking design. As the design developed Jay drew parallels and took inspiration from the form and function of a Giant Oceanic Manta Ray, creating the name “Manta”. Since completion the bike has been featured in Cycleworld Magazine, as part of Michael Lichters show Bio, online at Bike EXIF, and will be on the cover of the newest edition of Retro Bike Magazine out of Australia as the very first Canadian bike featured.

It's great to see a some new youthful infusion to the motorcycle lifestyle!

Gorgeous XS650! Done very well.

Awesome to see the future in motion!

Thanks for the share Trev!

Be sure to post pics for us folks that clearly make the event this weekend
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Trev,
          I probably don't need to ask you to post some pics and tell us a report of the event.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X