Motorcyclist in road rage shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcyclist in road rage shooting

THis has an unusual twist... https://patch.com/washington/across-...y-state-patrol
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

I wish people would just copy and paste stories or photos instead of only a link.
    We have to battle all the advertising on these sites, the stories are just bait.

“MILTON, WA - A 60-year-old man is dead after an apparent road rage incident along I-5 near the King-Pierce county line. Aubrey Bowlin, 24, of Tacoma, allegedly shot Bruce Jones, of Roy, during a fight alongside the highway, according to state patrol.
    The incident happened just before 5 p.m. in the southbound lanes near Milton. Bowlin, a motorcyclist, was driving ahead of Jones in the HOV lane. Traffic came to a stop and Jones's SUV traveled onto the road's shoulder, coming parallel with Bowlin's motorcycle. Both drivers exited their vehicles, according to state patrol.
    This started a physical fight, which ended when Bowlin shot Jones once. She called 911 and stayed at the scene until police arrived, according to state patrol. Jones was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency responders.
    The shooting caused long delays along I-5. The two left southbound lanes were blocked as well as the northbound HOV lane.
    State patrol reported that the case is under investigation and no charges have yet been filed.”
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
      I don't "dis" anyone in the dystopian reality that we live in. Use to be that you could look at someone and not get shot. Not anymore.

I don't own a gun but I fully support the constitutional right to carry even when it makes no sense to do so.

This lady wouldn't have needed protection if she kept moving. This is true in most instances.

The perceived "disrespect" has been addressed in a way that will linger for the shooter and the survivors. That's all that counts these days.
      "Keeping moving" would not have been an option with traffic stopped. Personally, I would have preferred to resort to a can of bear spray in that situation.
      Last edited by earlfor; 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I dont know all the upfront parts but ... at 60 you would think you had mellowed with age and would prefer not to get out of the car and engage in fisticuffs. I am not yet 60 but have certainly mellowed and become more wise and it would take a lot more than an offending one finger salute to make me get out of my car. I mean there is an effort involved with removing the seatbelt I managed to get just right and all the rest.

To bad for everyone involved.

Comment

Yes, but even further, a 60 year-old man who gets out of his vehicle to threaten a female physically has major issues.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Since we don’t know if the incident was justified I imagine it will come out in the investigation. I would guess it was but just a guess.

I carry everywhere it’s legal to do so, on me, my car and house. I avoid any conflict, prefer never to use the weapon. Sometimes it’s no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              Yes, but even further, a 60 year-old man who gets out of his vehicle to threaten a female physically has major issues.
              Yeah, that's over the top.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I've read several accounts of the story but there is little information thats different. The man got out, lady got off the bike and they had a fight that went to the ground and she shot him. A woman and man should not be having a physical fight on the ground, 99 times out of a 100 the woman is going to be at the disadvantage. I'll be interested in hearing the rest of the story, had to be dozens of witnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  If she kept her lid on maybe he didn't realize he was squaring up to a woman.
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

She had her helmet on until they took her to the hospital. One station, KING?, has heliphotos of the aftermath. She's sitting on the side of the road,all curled up. She just killed someone, so she's going to need a lot of help getting over that.

Since most of you are not familiar with Seattle/Tacoma traffic, it's gridlock at 5 PM, so she couldn't ride away.

As for witnesses, I'm wondering about his passenger.
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                      If she kept her lid on maybe he didn't realize he was squaring up to a woman.
                      I don't know why that would make a difference, unless it is acceptable to road rage and assault males, but not females.

Comment

Since this incident is the talk of all of the local forums, many women are revealing incidents of harassment, just for being women riders.
                        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                        2007 DRz 400S
                        1999 ATK 490ES
                        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I'm guessing she wouldn't have gotten into that scrape, or any scrape, without her gun. Male, female, makes no difference. You're a coward in this situation.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I would like to read further details here. I don't see too many situations in which women have shot male assailants where fear of grievous harm wasn't a factor, so I'm not inclined to go with calling her a coward here, especially if there was a fight that led to her going to the ground with the man. Further, she was on a bike, he was in a car. The odds are she felt a significant threat from the vehicle difference even before it went to blows.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                              I'm guessing she wouldn't have gotten into that scrape, or any scrape, without her gun. Male, female, makes no difference. You're a coward in this situation.
                              What do you expect for someone that assumes they have the right to get out of their car, knock someone off their bike, and beat on them?
                              It doesn't matter whether male or female, there is no right to assault. I guess the correct thing to do was for her to curl up, cry and wait until the guy got tired of beating her? I think it's a sad commentary that neither the passenger in they guy's car or any observers, other drivers etc, didn't try to get him off of her and stop the assault. This reminds me of when Pmint was assaulted and beat to hell in a bar she was a waitress in. No one tried to stop it or help her and she spent months of multiple operations and plates in her head because of it, never fully recovered from her injuries and still suffers from them. There is no excuse for this chit. Someone should have shot that ass hat also. He is in prison now, but that doesn't do Patti any good.
                              Last edited by earlfor; 02-11-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X