Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am i having to log in every time i visit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am i having to log in every time i visit.

Never had to before? Whats up with that? Come here every day, maybe had to manually log in twice a year or so....
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

You to have use the check box in the login area to "remember your password" but I bet you already knew that. The password is accessed via a cookie stored on your computer so maybe you've got some settings in your browser that is deleting or not allowing the GSR to store that cookie. Could also be that something like ccleaner or other utility might be running automatically and clearly your cookies. Otherwise I have no idea why it would be doing that.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

If you visit everyday, just don't log out.

Last edited by gsrick; 04-11-2018, 12:14 AM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The browsers keep stumbling over HTTP and HTTPS, the login data is not interchangeable between the two. There is no 301 redirection in place. Gotta deal with it by yourself - same as with the Google not indexing the site correctly, the forum not accepting images of decent size, etc.
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

And Frank does a tremendous job keeping this site running every day pretty much by himself.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            You to have use the check box in the login area to "remember your password" but I bet you already knew that.
            Mione has been checked since day ONE, many years ago, yet I still had problems.

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
            If you visit everyday, just don't log out.
            I almost never log out. Close the tab, yes. Log out, why? And, I don't "visit", I live here.

Originally posted by roeme View Post
            The browsers keep stumbling over HTTP and HTTPS, the login data is not interchangeable between the two.
            I just went through this, too, after Frank made some updates to the site. As roeme suggests, it's related to the new https address. At home, I have GSR as my home page, and it somehow just adapted and continued. At work, I have buttons on my favorite bar. When I clicked on them I got an error that was "Invalid re-direct" or something like that, then I had to log in. I edited the address that was called up by the favorites button by adding the S at the end of the http and everything works as it should.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

i have to log in twice...1st time gives error 2nd time works everytime..hmmm

Comment

Do you have a favorite saved that you click on?

There was a notice a while back that the new upgrades to the site require "https://..." at the beginning of the link.
                If your favorite still has just http://... add the s and save it.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

here's the error:
                  Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum.php)

looks like the (s) is missing...
                  thanks Steve

Comment

Yup. I had to tweak my bookmark.
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I updated all my bookmarks, but I still have to log in if I close the tab, close my browser, or even if I let the page sit for a while.

If I'm in the middle of typing a reply and I walk away to do something, when I come back and hit post I get a 'logged out' error.

Edit: This is only since the https update...
                      sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Never had this problem until today. I never log out, but now I have to log in anew every time. When I log in, it works, but gives me an invalid redirect notice.

Comment

Change your bookmark to HTTPS://www.thegsresources.com;
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                            Never had this problem until today. I never log out, but now I have to log in anew every time. When I log in, it works, but gives me an invalid redirect notice.
                            Yep, same for me..
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                              Yah, seems like have to login twice, just the last few days, thought I was fumbling user name or password, but have had to do it twice consistnetly the last few days. Maybe some anti-bot measure.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                              X