Strange issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange issues...

When I log in I get a message that says "Invalid redirect". Also, I have to use Microsoft Edge instead of Explorer or it says "thank you for logging in" but then when I go to the forum it acts as if I'm not logged in. Strange happenings here!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Are you using a "favorite" link to get here?

Make sure you have it entered correctly.

Several weeks ago, Frank did some upgrades and now the address starts with https://. If your link only has http://, it won't work.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nope, no favorite link, I don't use them at work. It's really weird, I put in my password and it says, "thanks for logging in Jethro" then it redirects me to the forum and I can't post- it's like I'm not logged in. I do it 4 or 5 times and it finally logs in for real. And right now I am having trouble typing, if I type too fast it skip letters and spaces. Lik this is what it lookslike if I type too fast. I am amazingly proficient at tying but there is a virusor something hat is makingme have to o back ad retye everything I wrie. <<<That is what it looks like if I don't fix stuff. I will have to give up this forum until this is resolved. I am on a dozen other forums and this is unique to this forum. Literally every 4th or 5th character doesn't register, even the spacebar.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

There was a thread quite a while ago from posplayr IIRC about the no spacebar thing. I don't remember the fix or if there was one but maybe try the search feature.
        Last edited by Sandy; 04-17-2018, 10:38 AM.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I had the weird spacing thing, too, while using Internet Exploder. Switched to Chrome, no more problems.

I have pretty much used IE exclusively for years, but nagging little problems like this are forcing me into using Chrome.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            Nope, no favorite link, I don't use them at work. It's really weird, I put in my password and it says, "thanks for logging in Jethro" then it redirects me to the forum and I can't post- it's like I'm not logged in. I do it 4 or 5 times and it finally logs in for real. And right now I am having trouble typing, if I type too fast it skip letters and spaces. Lik this is what it lookslike if I type too fast. I am amazingly proficient at tying but there is a virusor something hat is makingme have to o back ad retye everything I wrie. <<<That is what it looks like if I don't fix stuff. I will have to give up this forum until this is resolved. I am on a dozen other forums and this is unique to this forum. Literally every 4th or 5th character doesn't register, even the spacebar.
            I had that issue too until I ran a google search on the problem last week. Seems having your editor settings to WYSIWYG is causing the issue in this version of VBulletin. Change that to one of the other options and you'll be fine
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Good to know. I have always used the WYSIWYG setting, but thought it was more of an IE issue.

Well, you have done a LOT more Google searching on this than I have, and you know what they say, ...

"If it's on the internet, it MUST be true."

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
              X