Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for bluetooth headset speakers for full face helmet

Hello all,

I would like your recommendations for a relatively inexpensive bluetooth headset for my helmet. I currently own a Parrot SK400 set that works fairly well but my only real complaint is that the volume is too low inside the helmet. I would like to stay as much under $100.00 as possible. Or instead of the whole wireless affair, a set of speakers and a microphone that sounds good and has decent volume that i can plug into the headphone jack of my phone.

thanks,

Jim
    Last edited by jimfj; 04-23-2018, 01:55 PM.
    GS Score Card
    4-400 Series GS's
    3-500 Series
    1-600 Series
    1-700 Series
    4-800 Series
    1-1000 Series
    2-1100 series 1982 GS1100G In stable now
    sigpic

Sena SMH5.

Comment

My wife and I used the Sena SMH10 last night for the first time. Worked very well. Music sounded about as well as you'd expect from helmet speakers. It's small and easy enough to install.

Comment

Of you want better sounding music put the earbud helmet clamp on there and use some soundisolating earbuds. Sounds as good as being plugged straight to the phone.

Smh10 is a great unit but will be a hit north of your 100 dollar limit. Smh5 is under 100 dollars for the non FM radio version but still has good bluetooth com range and will still connect to phone and GPS.

I've tried some cheaper units and wind up right back at Sena. This is one of those instances were but once cry once applies.

I've been using SMH10 units since they first came on the market. I'm on my second unit. The first one was charged by a coaxial connection instead of USB and was replaced by Sena at no charge after the unit filled with water because I forgot to close the charge port flap.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I know it's over your budget but I prefer the Cardo Smartpack setup that Charmayne and I use. I should still have an older Q2 Pro I can sell you that is pretty decent just wasn't what I really wanted.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X