Riding my GS750T April 2018 BOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding my GS750T April 2018 BOTM

Video of a ride to the store on my '82 GS750TZ. Figured some of you here might enjoy it.

Well, hello.

My apologies for not noticing your bike as BOTM. Congrats and thanks for the video.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt420740 View Post
      Video of a ride to the store on my '82 GS750TZ. Figured some of you here might enjoy it.

I see you have a Vapor on your bike, how well does it work? Was it difficult to install?
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        I see you have a Vapor on your bike, how well does it work? Was it difficult to install?
        It works good. Speedo is dead on accurate according to my GPS. Tach seems accurate. Easy to see in day or night. Installation of everything was easy aside from the tachometer wiring. The units are mostly designed for single cylinder off-road/dual sport machines. So the extra cylinders on a GS cause interference if you follow the included instructions. You have to solder a 680K resistor into the tachometer lead, and run it to the negative side of one of the ignition coils, and switch to R series spark plugs. At that point you should get an accurate RPM reading.

Comment

I watched this ride a second time...thanks for sharing.

My thoughts are always on the lyrics of "Red Barchetta" by Rush...wind, in my hair...shifting and drifting...mechanical music...adrenaline surge!

Granted, we wear helmets but we can still feel the air.

That tach sounds to have and easy to install if you know what you're doing.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Nice. I miss mine.
            2010 Honda VFR1200F
            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T
            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Working...
            X