A little assist please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little assist please

So hi guys and gals. Haven`t been on for a while but sometimes life happens. I could use a little help. I`m getting ready to install the new (bought from a member here) gauges on my `81 Gs1000g and I`m trying to find what Suzuki calls "Plate, under" for the gauges. I don`t have a problem buying new but can`t decide where to order from. Also need a battery hold down as the one I ordered last year can`t be found. Probably lost in the move. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead.

Mike
    sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
    1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Technically, this forum is not for technical questions, but I guess that "where to buy a part" isn't all that technical.

Parts Outlaw has it for about $45. It appears to be the chrome cover behind the gauges? I have one in decent, but "less than perfect" condition that I removed from my bike when I installed a new one.

If your "battery hold down" is the rubber strap, it is $2.73 at Parts Outlaw.

For better or worse, Parts Outlaw has a flat-rate shipping charge of $9.99. Also note that, like all the other OEM vendors, it takes about two weeks to get your order. They have to order from the main warehouse, wait for delivery, then re-pack and ship to you.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi Steve. Thanks for the heads up. I think I try Parts outlaw as I`d like to have the parts new. The way thing's are going I don`t se me being on the road for at least another 2 weeks.
      sigpic1981 gs1000G Black

Comment

I use PartsOutlaw. They are great!

I'm gonna use "Bang" code and see if that still works.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          I'm gonna use "Bang" code and see if that still works.
          As of two weeks ago, it did NOT work.

It was nice while it lasted, need to see if they will bring it back.
          Doesn't necessarily have to be free shipping, maybe drop it to $5.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            As of two weeks ago, it did NOT work.

It was nice while it lasted, need to see if they will bring it back.
            Doesn't necessarily have to be free shipping, maybe drop it to $5.

Thanks for the heads up Steve!

Mike, I hope you find everything you need for your bike.

Ed

EDIT: I ordered over $100 of parts today and got the $9.99 shipping. Got the Starting Relay ($68.31) and the Fuse Case Assy ($51.97) plus other various bits & pieces.
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-11-2018, 08:59 AM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I bought a heap from these guys

✓ Official Suzuki parts list ✓ Easy repairs with OEM diagrams ✓ Free acccess to parts fiches for Suzuki GS1000G 1981 (X) GENERAL EXPORT (E01)

Comment

Thanks gday but I`m on the other side of the planet. I took Steve`s rec and ordered from Parts Outlaw. Fingers crossed. Thanks to all for the assist.
                Mike
                ps Picked up some new plugs and oil and a filter today.
                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black

Comment

Just an update. Thx to all for your replies. Just checked my email and the Parts Outlaw tracking info was there. Should have my parts Wednesday.
                  sigpic1981 gs1000G Black

Comment

Working...
                  X