Attended a Blessing of the bikes in my area..few classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attended a Blessing of the bikes in my area..few classics

The Lakeshore Blessing of the Bikes is only 5 miles from my home. Never been to one. Put insurance on my 83 GS1100E polished her up and went. April 29th. Sunny weather 54 degrees. Huge successful turnout. Soooooo many bikes-1,380 final count. But sadly I counted less than 5 Japanese classics. Id say 91% Harley, 5% crotch rocket, 3% Japanese V twin and 1% other (German, Italian, 80s and 70s Japanese.) Everyone was polite and it was a good fun charitable event. EVERYONE was fully clad in black leather from head to toe. I had good conversation with a vintage Brit bike owner and a BMW owner. Looked at a 2017 MOTUS and turned down a test ride by the salesman. ($33,000 price) Sadly I spoke to just a couple people whom ride and love an inline 4 metric classic. I helped a guy with a period correct racing modified 500H1 Kaw and a leaking petcock. I realize it helps all cycle riders when Big V twins dominate the market because it keeps cycling alive but I was hoping to meet some KZ, XS, CB and GS people on their bikes.
Working...
X