Handle bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handle bars?

Who is making quality handlebars. I have some thin wall slightly beat up aftermarket bars and am considering a swap. Any suggestions on manufacturers of quality bars would be appreciated.
    Alex

Hard to go wrong with Renthal. I currently have a set of Renthal Street bars on mine and love them. The knurled left bar end and alignment grids are really nice.

Renthal Road handlebars are a 7/8" (22.2mm) diameter handlebar that utilizes the same materials and manufacturing process as their championship winnin…

Bike Master bars aren't bad if you're looking for a cheaper set, but you lose some of the features that make the Renthals so nice.

Comment

Renthal, absolutely.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Still havent been able to decide!! Maybe some pix will help. I have been to the revzilla site about 100 times looking at the Renthal Bars but still cant decide which. I am leaning toward medium but even looking at their measurements its hard to envision. I posted some pix below of the bars currently on my bike. I want to get down and forward but maybe only about an 1 -1.5 inches. I tired cafe racer style bars on my triumph and they broke my back but these have me a bit to upright and the wind is shaking my helmet about. If I could lean into the wind just a bit more it would be perfect. Plus .. these bars vibrate like a washing machine with three legs.

Sheesch .. I just realized I gotta get some paint on those fork caps!!! Project for later today

Those rizoma bars look promising as well??
        Shop RevZilla for your Rizoma 7/8" Handlebars today! Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guaranteed & Top of the Line Expert Service.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Here's something I've seen old school custom builders do. Get a piece of old garden hose and fill it with water. Take it outside in cold weather and set it up to a size/shape you want and let it freeze, continue this until you get close to what you want. In their case it would create a rough model for building a new set, in your case you can use it for measurements to order what you want.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Here's something I've seen old school custom builders do. Get a piece of old garden hose and fill it with water. Take it outside in cold weather and set it up to a size/shape you want and let it freeze, continue this until you get close to what you want. In their case it would create a rough model for building a new set, in your case you can use it for measurements to order what you want.
            That sounds like a great idea .. I might have to find another semisolid .. If I were to wait for ice here in Mesa I would be waiting along time. I have been bitchin because it has been getting down to 45 at night. Brrrrrrr

But I like the forming option .. maybe blown foam.

Comment

Well it took an hour but I finally found a pic of the medium street bars on a bike. So .. I ordered them and will report back with photos.

Comment

As promised .. I am back. So I installed the Renthal Street Handlebars in Medium and in black. The number is 755-01-bk. Amazon and Revzilla both carry all of their street bars but I went with revzilla and received the bars in 1 day .. I am a neighboring state but still .. that is damn fast and shipping was free.

Like I said previously .. I had trouble finding any pix of the Medium bars as it seems most people opt for the low or ultra low. I just came in from a ride .. and my choice for me was perfect. The medium bars are about a 2 inch drop and with less sweep than the bars that were on my bike but the same overall length of 29".

I wear a 3.4 helmet and the slight tilt puts the force of the wind right at my forehead so my helmet has stopped vibrating. It tilted me just far forward enough that I am more on my tail bones and less on my coccyx but not so far forward that I felt like i was leaning on the bars and weighting my wrists.

Did a quick 30 miles and no wrist numbness. They definitely vibrate less than the bars I had and they weigh what feels like half or more than the ones I took off. Their wall is much thicker though which I am sure contributes to it vibrating less.

but on to pictures. I tried to get a bunch of angles so if you are thinking about it you can maybe visualize how it might look on your bike. I dont know if the ones I took off were stock of not but I much prefer the renthal for its positioning and it looking much much cooler is just a bonus!!

Comment

and a couple more

Comment

Working...
                  X