Air Filter Box Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Filter Box Boots

Hi everyone. I'm doing my first restoration project on a donated 1982 GS650L. I finally got things running after 3 attempts at cleaning the carbs and replacing the o-rings on the intake boots.

I was cleaning the air filter box to put it back on, but noticed that the rubber boots look absolutely awful. I'm concerned that particles will flake off and directly go into the carbs / engine since this is past the air filter. Is this normal? Can I change these rubber boots or do I need a whole new filter box?

PZZ6bKY - Imgur.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You can pick them up at any of the parts dealers like Parts Outlaw (www.partsoutlaw.com)

TUBE,OUTLET INNER 13881-34200 $12.88ea

TUBE, OUTER OUTER 13882-34200 $12.88ea
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 07-01-2018, 08:01 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

In your picture you can see the bronze looking spring things. Need to find a way to grab those and get them out. Maybe grab the egde with small plyers.

Also check the clamps to see if should order a set of those too.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

cowboyup- that website is great. Much appreciated.

Redman - I got everything disassembled and definitely need to order the tubes. The clamps and rings still seem to be functional condition.

While I am waiting for the parts to arrive, is there anything I should check that could cause this? It looks like there was a fire in the box.

P8EeH25.jpg

Close up here: https://imgur.com/a/8vFrqoc

Comment

Working...
        X