Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'83 GS1100ES cowling and headlight $$$ value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS1100ES cowling and headlight $$$ value?

Hi all, just looking for some input on dollar value of upper cowling for '83 GS1100ES. Friend asked me for help with selling this, but I have no idea how much to ask for it. Looks complete with headlight, brackets etc.
    203365CC-B1E7-4C7B-A083-38F10DE75017.jpg
    Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Another picture
    EE1A949D-1037-4546-961B-4FCB6B1425ED.jpg

Comment

One more 9BD55E5E-D76F-45B1-A5BA-A80256A8C3C6.jpg

Comment

I sold one just the plastics, side covers and wind screen for 250ish a couple years ago.

Nic
        83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

He also has some lower pieces for that cowling, including one NOS panel:
          F5428CCF-C46F-4DF7-B2EC-4CE529CB78CA.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
            I sold one just the plastics, side covers and wind screen for 250ish a couple years ago.

Nic
            This one does not come with windscreen. Plus some PO dummy installed stupid LED signals on it . Other than that, it's in great shape with no cracks etc. Maybe I will bundle the fairing with lower plastics including brand new piece, and list the whole package on eBay. Still need to come up with listing price

Comment

Originally posted by susukeegs View Post
              This one does not come with windscreen. Plus some PO dummy installed stupid LED signals on it . Other than that, it's in great shape with no cracks etc. Maybe I will bundle the fairing with lower plastics including brand new piece, and list the whole package on eBay. Still need to come up with listing price
              Some people might just want the fairing and not the lowers and other might want just lowers and others all of it. You will limit your market bunding it all.

Start two different auctions with lowers and fairing separate but offer to combine shipping if someone buys both.

These things are pretty rare unless you buy one of the bikes that are in pretty short supply. But that also means the market is limited. Be patient

Comment

I was salivating over it until I saw the turn signals that had been added. Not really sure how the previous owner would think that would look good.
                Sorry for being direct, just my opinion and my way of saying it's a turn off for me.

For what it's worth, the wind screen is available from Gustafsson Plastics for $189. https://bikescreen.com/products/suzu...-esd-1983-1985

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

yeah the turn sigs really lower the value. rare as hen's teeth though.
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                    yeah the turn sigs really lower the value. rare as hen's teeth though.
                    Screw holes are probably not that bad (i.e. small), so it might be possible to fill, touchup and reclear to salvage the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      Screw holes are probably not that bad (i.e. small), so it might be possible to fill, touchup and reclear to salvage the paint.
                      The holes are not small, sure, they can be fixed, but it will require some work. Nothing comparable on eBay right now, hard to come up with the numbers. My friend kept this for a long time, so I think he is emotionally attached to it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by susukeegs View Post
                        The holes are not small, sure, they can be fixed, but it will require some work. Nothing comparable on eBay right now, hard to come up with the numbers. My friend kept this for a long time, so I think he is emotionally attached to it :-)
                        Your biggest problem is finding someone that ones them, not the holes. There is a 90% probability they would be repainted anyway.

If someone was restoring an ESD, the likelihood of mounting factory OEM paint that still matches the rest of the bike is pretty low.

Comment

Working...
                        X