Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)

Is anyone getting this message when they log in? No matter if I check the Remember me box the next time I try to access the Site I have to log in again and get the same message in the post title. This happens on several browsers and oddly enough it is letting me edit my post without logging in. So apparently I am logged in and remembered, but get the Log In page and have to push the Forum tab to access the Forum. Very strange.
    Last edited by OldVet66; 07-28-2018, 07:23 AM.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Same here.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

It's been that way for a while. The first login always fails with this error message, log in again and it's fine.

I've just developed the habit of clicking "Log In" once, then log in for real.

I set my browsers to delete cookies after every session, so I just figured it was related to that; some cookie the forum software is expecting and not finding.

Only a minor annoyance.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Change your first link to https: instead of http:. Frank added the certificate to it earlier this year
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That would be fine but that is the redirect from the sign in page that I have no control over. I believe Frank will have to fix that.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I think I log in, go to the new posts thread, and then save that bookmark. Next time, I'm already logged in.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
            Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              It's been that way for a while. The first login always fails with this error message, log in again and it's fine.

I've just developed the habit of clicking "Log In" once, then log in for real.

I set my browsers to delete cookies after every session, so I just figured it was related to that; some cookie the forum software is expecting and not finding.

Only a minor annoyance.
              Same method and minor annoyance for me.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Is there something stupid about selecting: "Keep me logged in"??
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Not if you have a secure Browser. It only comes into play when you click the Site up.

Comment

I've been getting it to I just like the forum tab and it I'm already logged in then.

Comment

I click on “New Posts” when I get that message. Most of the time the site shows that I’m logged in & displays the new posts.

Comment

My computer says I need to log in, but I already am.

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                          I click on “New Posts” when I get that message. Most of the time the site shows that I’m logged in & displays the new posts.
                          I click the drop down menu "quick links" and select "today's posts" and it works just like you described.

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            I click the drop down menu "quick links" and select "today's posts" and it works just like you described.

Ed
                            I used to use the "New Posts" tab until the address change. Now I use the "Today's Posts" tab with pretty much the same results.

Since changing my "Favorites" address to add the https, I have had no problems logging in.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                            X