SoCal: carb rebuild services needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal: carb rebuild services needed

Hello all. I have my 85 GS700e and it’s been sitting for way too long because I have grown tired of tinkering with the carb setup. I am in need of someone local to me that is willing to help me out and get her running.
    It’s been a while since I was last here, so some old members might not be around anymore.
    Please contact me and let me know! Thanks
    Ryan
    714-369-482nine
    Attached Files

There's a thread right below the one you just started in the Parts and Services Forum. Chef1366 rebuilds carbs in SoCal. Send him a PM, he'll take care of you.

If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

There's a guy named Ed in Torrance, CA too.

Ed

EDIT: Nessim is his user name!
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 08-13-2018, 09:01 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Great. Thanks I contacted Bill. Any local mechanics/GS mechs in the Oc want to fix this bike for me?

Comment

Call rapid ray; you will probably need to transport to him. He is in OC near Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Call rapid ray; you will probably need to transport to him. He is in OC near Disneyland
            Thanks. Rapid Ray was his name. I couldn’t remember it since it’s been so long

Comment

Down the street from Ray is the best Chile Verde I've ever had. If I recall, Ray likes Newcastle Ale.

Chef did an amazing job on a set of carbs for me. So good that they did not need to be touched when I bolted them on and hooked up the synch tool. I don't normally have much trouble with carbs, but I was afraid I would break something getting these apart.
              Last edited by 850 Combat; 08-21-2018, 12:08 AM.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
              X