Vintage in the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage in the Valley

Ok in an attempt to not start any new threads in the Vortex...(Got you dimitri..lol)
    I have some motorcycle sh*t to catch up on!

Last weekend was my buddy Dale's Vintage in the Valley...last year I brought Wes Cooley to the event as the guest of honour....Not my bike...the real Wes Cooley...lol
    This year's guest of homour was non other that legendary racer Steve Baker!
    So here are some pics....man when I think about it...the vintage motorcycle scene is alive and well in BC

Steve Baker

High class place

That's a long time friend Gary talking to Steve....Gary raced AMA in the late 70s early 80s...sidecar and he was the monkey....he raced at all the tracks with legends Wes, Eddie, Freddie..etc...

No signature

More...

Back on the island...smokey

Me and Steve Baker....what a thrill!

No signature

Comment

Thanks, Trevor.
      Some very nice pics of some very nice bikes.
      Even with the door open i bet that TZ was LOUD.
      Mr. Baker is tiny. Watching some of the old videos of those jockeys aboard such powerful, sometimes ill handling rockets is amazing.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Thanks, Trevor.
        Some very nice pics of some very nice bikes.
        Even with the door open i bet that TZ was LOUD.
        Mr. Baker is tiny. Watching some of the old videos of those jockeys aboard such powerful, sometimes ill handling rockets is amazing.
        You are welcome. Yes he is tiny. And I can't believe these guys muscled these crazy powerful bikes around tracks at break neck speeds. Yes...Jockeys.
        No signature

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pic's. Really brought back some memories.
          I owned a '66 Yamaha 305 Y6 Big Bear with pods. It was my first street bike. I was a teenager and knew nothing about jetting back then. The bike was running so lean and hot, that sometimes it would continue to run several seconds after the ignition was off. I swear it. I had no clue as to why.
          Also had a Suzuki TM 400 Cyclone. I have no idea how I survived.
          Nearly killed myself on a Honda Trail 60. They can go real fast straight down a mountain fire road. Then they bounce a lot and the brakes disappear.
          My friend got the first 2 stroke Honda 250 Elsinore in town. Incredible bike.
          Most of my old riding buddies owned Norton's and such. I miss 'em.
          That silver side car job is a beauty.
          Thanks again. Very nice pic's.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Wow, what a big inside area for a show.

I noticed that the bikes didnt have any tag on them like usally have at shows.

Looks like some real custom brake & suspension of front of that GS side car bike.

Tell us more about his show being your buddy's show.
            Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2018, 08:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
            X