Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious. What would you be willing to pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious. What would you be willing to pay?

For a 1982 GS 450T with 7000 miles that was in showroom condition needing absolutely nothing?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Maybe $1,200-1,500 if I really had the desire to own one, but I'd be more interested in another '81 450S at $1,500-2,000. I kind of miss Charlies, should have kept that one.
    NADA puts a perfect bike at a pretty good price for a seller. NADA has the '81 450S at the exact same values.
    Values

Excellent $2,465
    Very Good $1,335
    Good $740
    Fair $425
    Poor N/A
    Last edited by gsrick; 08-26-2018, 11:16 AM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

If you could get it for $1500 that would be great! But I'd say $2K wouldn't be a rip off. That would be my threshold.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        If you could get it for $1500 that would be great! But I'd say $2K wouldn't be a rip off. That would be my threshold.

Ed
        I'm thinking the break even point for a resto would be about $1500, and I can't do one at that selling price.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          I'm thinking the break even point for a resto would be about $1500, and I can't do one at that selling price.
          I still think about the great deal I got on my first bike. $3K for a 2000 Gixxer 750. I sold that bike 6 months later for $3400.

My point is, if I really want something, I make it happen. Lately, I have not had the need.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Personally, I would not be willing to pay a single dime for it.

Since I have not yet gotten to the point of flipping bikes, anything I buy is because I am going to use it, and a 450 is simply too small of a bike for me.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Personally, a 450T isn't on my radar. I was very fond of the 450S when they were new, and if the right one of those crossed my path, and I had the money lying around, I might buy it for my girl friend. I have a modified RD400, but it is kind of wheelie prone. It also has a short range.

I might give 3 grand for turn key and very pretty.
              Last edited by 850 Combat; 08-27-2018, 01:21 AM.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Since I have not yet gotten to the point of flipping bikes, anything I buy is because I am going to use it, and a 450 is simply too small of a bike for me.

The 450S will surprise you. I did feel a little big on the one we had, but not clownish big and the way the seat it designed, you can scoot back on it to make it feel bigger. All my personal bikes are liter bikes and I like the torque that comes with them, but the 450S wasn't too small and if you wound it out it was fun to toss around. I would definitely take one of those over a scooter, any day of the week. Plus they look cool with that factory cafe style.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

One suggestion.............diet. lol

Flipping it isn't my intent. I like the 450's. However, in the past, I have found myself upside down at twice the $$ invested that I could sell for. I'm not interested in donating 3/3rds of my time and 2/3rds of my money if I decide to sell.
                  Last edited by earlfor; 08-27-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

One thought comes to mine....shriners...
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Now, now - don't be picking on the tall guys. Just because you fit on it, other doesn't mean someone 7 inches taller will fit.
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        Now, now - don't be picking on the tall guys. Just because you fit on it, other doesn't mean someone 7 inches taller will fit.
                        I don't think that they are much smaller than your Kawasaki 550.

I practically needed a ladder to mount myself on that ATK.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                          Aw, a tall guy would fit just fine, just not all of him. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                            I don't think that they are much smaller than your Kawasaki 550.

I practically needed a ladder to mount myself on that ATK.
                            The 550 has mildly rear set pegs, but, yeah, I get some ridicule when I ride it.
                            The funny thing is, I bought that bike for the little woman, and her legs are longer than mine
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              One suggestion.............diet. lol
                              Earl, that will only go so far.

According to the screeners that come around every year for the insurance program at work, I am technically in the "obese" category. Would love to lose 20-30 pounds, but don't have the motivation to do it quite yet.

However, no matter how skinny I might get, I would still have to fold about 6' 5" of <me> on there.
                              My son's first bike was an '81 450T, so I know a bit about the power, handling and ... FIT.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X