Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locating front end help please.

Hello Fellas and Ladies,

First off I would like to say I just recently ran across this forum and have been reading as much as I can for days on end. Y'all are a wealth of knowledge on all things GS and I have already learned much more than I ever thought I'd know even a month ago!

I think this is the correct place for this question as it is not really a technical question, but more to help point me in a general direction.

I have been looking for a front end from a 1995'ish GSXR 1100 with little to no success. Besides ebay, my browsing craigslist and local papers have been fruitless. My google-fu also seems to be quite weak.

If anyone may be able to point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative, and thanks again for all the knowledge I have already gained! This seems like a great community and resource.

Thanks,
    Damian Weller

I've got one from a 98. Send me a PM if interested

Or a complete bandit 1200 front end which works well on front end swaps with a stem change.

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Thank you very much! I will keep that in mind. I appreciate it.

-Damian

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post

Or a complete bandit 1200 front end which works well on front end swaps with a stem change.

Nic

Comment

I am pretty hung up on buying a complete front end to rebuild and use. However I am not opposed to making some stuff myself if I need to. CNC does in fact mean what it sounds like. I manage my family's machine shop, and am a machinist by trade. I think I already have the back half figured out as well. I am not necessarily interested in looking cool, just something a bit different in the performance dept. I will definitely look into cartridge forks as well. Thank you very much for the info, and I will check out the for sale section over there. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Like I said, my internet skills have failed me. Thank you!

-Damian

Originally posted by isleoman
        You're wise to look for a complete front end. I looked on the bay tonight and didn't see much that would make me jump off the sidelines.

Finding "like new" virgin forks is going to be difficult. They come up from time to time. Hopefully the CNC in your alias means what I think, it might give you more options related to pressing out stems. I'd look at modern RSU cartridge forks as well. Handling (especially ride height) might be better with RSU, but it won't look as cool if that's what you're after. Problem with RSU is the lack of speedo drive.

You can't really stop at just the front because you need radials on both ends. Might want to join the GIXXER forum to see their "For Sale" section. Look at Joe Whellan's project threads.

Comment

Sir, I sent you a PM with a question about the gsxr front end. Thanks.

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post

Nic

Comment

I am still searching for a front end, if anyone knows of a resource I may use to locate one I would be most appreciative. Until then, I have been racking up miles on the GS. Took a beautiful 170 mile ride down the blue ridge parkway and back this morning. That 1100 runs like a swiss watch.

Comment

So I started emailing ebay sellers with anything listed regarding an early 90s gsxr 1100. After what seemed like hundreds of emails a guy in CA came through. Full front end off a 92 gsxr 1100. It will be here Saturday, but he took a ton of detailed pictures and everything looks good....except the PO mirror polished the entire thing. Also comes mounted up with a set of 6 piston tokicos. Luckily I have experience bleeding those beasts. I picked up a beautiful set of wheels from an 07 triumph daytona 675 that I am gonna a try to make work. Will be machining billet spacers for the rotors to make up for their shallow offset, as well as making all the other spacers and bushings. Have a 98 bandit 1200 swingarm in the middle of being stripped and cleaned up as well. My next post will be in the build forum. Should be a good winter project.

Comment

Glad to hear you found a good front end. Sounds like a nice bike, though we are unable to contest, as we can't see it ( HINT HINT ). Looking forward to the build thread.

I have a '95 front end, but you can't have it. I still use it on my '95 GSXR 750w, lol... Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X