AFM Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFM Racing?

Has anyone gone to watch any AFM races? I'm currently in California and they are racing this weekend at Sonoma Raceway, which is about an hour and a half away. Trying to decide if it would be worth spending a day there Checking it out. Looks like it would be pretty cool to see.

Thanks.
    1983 GS750 E - gone forever
    Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
    1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
    2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
    2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

I had to look up AFM racing... Yeah, I'd go! It looks like some good racing plus I would think the ticket prices are not to bad. I went to a Moto America Super Bike race last weekend, had a great time. The technology in a modern road race motorcycle is amazing. Go, have fun! 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I went to lots of them in the 80s. Riverside and Willow Springs. I enjoyed seeing the final race of the season (and maybe the very last) at Riverside where Fred Eiker win the heavyweight twins race in 1987. It was mostly Ducatis and Guzzis, but Fred's 1974 Norton won the race and the championship.

AFM races are low key. Few spectators show up. The racing is fun to watch. All the bikes don't necessarily look the same. Obviously, its been a long long time since I've seen one, but it is inexpensive, fun, and accessible. All club racing is, really.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
      X