Adding more than one photo per thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding more than one photo per thread

When I try to insert more than one photo per thread I get blocked. Ive seen other posts with more than one photo. I'm I doing it wrong or is there a limit for newbies ?

Most of us use a third party photo host and just post a link to that photo. If you use Flikr, Imgur, or even some Google photo storage, you can attach I think up to ten images per post.

If you want to use Flikr and haven't signed up for a Yahoo email account you'll have to start there as you access Flickr through Yahoo.

Once Yahoo and Flickr are setup, on your flickr home screen in the top right corner there's a cloud with an arrow pointing up which is the upload link.

Self explanatory here, drag and drop then some options appear on the left. You'll see the owner's settings for that pic; License, Privacy, Content Filters. I had to click any red squares and make them green. In other words, instead of private- visible to anyone and instead of restricted- safe. Then in the top right click the blue square, upload.

Once uploaded it will show up in your photostream. Click on the pic and it opens in a new window, then four options appear next to the pic, click on the arrow pointing up and to the right to share it. (If that arrow is not there, try clicking the two arrows pointing away from each other to expand the pic. If it's still not, the settings may be private and it can't be shared.)

Now, after clicking the share arrow a window pops up with what should be four options; Share, Embed, Email and BBCode. The BBCode is what get's copied and pasted into the body of the post here on the GSR. (If you don't see the BBCode link, the settings are not right. Go back and make sure they are set to safe and at a minimum visible to other members or friends and family.)

Once the BBCode link is clicked, your size options appear in a drop down. Choose the size you want, right click and copy the BBCode then paste it in you post. The largest format will overwhelm the screen So maybe two sizes from the largest is best. Preview post shows you what it will look like. Also if you preview your post, you can delete your name and file info that appears after the pic, then post it.

Hope this helps.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I think it has to do with where your photos are hosted.
      I use flickr for my photos, and I can post or link several pictures at a time if I choose.
      It's not a newbie thing.
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

It's the IMG link you need to post. At flickr they call it the BB link. Cut and paste into your thread and the photo shows up in high definition. No stupid thumbnail that forces people to click to expand. Doing this makes the thread much more enjoyable to view in my opinion.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

This should be a Stickie. I was having the same issues. Starting using google images, but noticed that my images would disappear unless I was logged in to google and no one else could see the images. I now use imgur and am happy with it so far.Process seems similar to the flikr process written above but simpler, I think. Though I haven't seen on imgur how to resize an image.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 08-30-2018, 10:48 AM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

From another of your postings:L
            Originally posted by PAB View Post
            To this[ATTACH=CONFIG]56109[/ATTACH]
            I see the address of the image is
            h -t- t- p- s- : / / w w w .thegsresources.com/_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56109&stc=1
            (I added spaces & dashes)
            So I can see that you are having the GSRfourm store the photo, which takes space on the GSR server, so that is why there is the limitation.
            I am not sure how you do that so I cant tell you exactly not what to do, or how to alter what you are doing.

But what I can tell you, consistent with what others have said above, is to host/store the pics on some other site, like imgur, or google, or flicker, or any other site like the old Photobucket (but not the now photobucket). And then on that site there will be some way to copy what is called the IMG code or the BB code or something like that, and then paste (control-V) that into you posting. Doing it that way can have up to ten photos per posting. That way the GSR site doesnt have to store the image files.

THe BB code (IMG code) looks like this
            [IMG]//h -t -t -p - s - ://i.imgur.com/bvXUq92.jpg?/[IMG]
            (I added spaces and dashes)
            But then appears like this when the posting is shown

Actaully, there is probably 5 different ways to post a photo from the hosting site to the forum. And one site might be different that an other site. So if one guy describes it one way, it may seem wrong compared to how someone else is describing it. Or maybe someone is describing a way to do it that is not a way that can do it with the site you are using.

So, you find a photo hosting site, get signed up, load some pics there. Then tell us which site you are using. THen someone can tell you one of the ways to do it using that site.
            Last edited by Redman; 08-31-2018, 12:36 PM. Reason: is probably 5 different ways

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              .............. Though I haven't seen on imgur how to resize an image.
              I too looked all over Imgur for such a feature (although that was maybe a year ago)*.
              All I found is one setting for if to limit/resize the file size to something like 6meg or not, which is still a huge picture to post.

So I use another photo file editor (Paint.net typically) to modify the photo file to something like 750 pixle wide, and then "save as" a slightly different file name (append something to the file name so they show up next to each other), then upload the revised file to Imgur.

*Maybe I need to study Roger Burque's posting above in detail.
              Last edited by Redman; 08-31-2018, 12:17 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Roger, that email says last year unless there's a typo some place but Verizon did sell off Yahoo this year and now Smugmug owns flickr as of earlier this summer
                Last edited by cowboyup3371; 09-03-2018, 07:04 AM.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  So I use another photo file editor (Paint.net typically) to modify the photo file to something like 750 pixle wide, and then "save as" a slightly different file name (append something to the file name so they show up next to each other), then upload the revised file to Imgur.
                  Dave, this may explain the "sharpness" issue we have discussed in the pass. If you are using 750 pixels wide as your resize, that may not be enough. I always export my photos for upload, (ImageShack, Flickr, etc.), with at least 1600 pixels on the long side.

When I pick the link to post in a forum, I pick the appropriate size, which is always 1600 or smaller. Usually 800 x 600 for technical/wrenching stuff, and 1024 or 1280 for photo games. (I use the full 1600 on photo sites).

BTW...IrfanView is a pretty nice FREE, photo resizing, renaming program.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    I too looked all over Imgur for such a feature (although that was maybe a year ago)*.
                    All I found is one setting for if to limit/resize the file size to something like 6meg or not, which is still a huge picture to post.

*Maybe I need to study Roger Burque's posting above in detail.
                    Hey Redman

I use Imgur, and when I upload photos under "Images", there is a green box labelled "Add Images", with below that "Add to album" and then below that "Auto resize".

There are many different sizes to choose from to resize your original photo with the dropdown arrow in the Auto resize box.

Not sure if your Imgur page will look the same, as I only recently signed up there.
                    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Hey Roger, that email says last year unless there's a typo some place but Verizon did sell off Yahoo this year and now Smugmug owns flickr as of earlier this summer
                      Thanks Scott.

I had to laugh at my error there and deleted that post.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

On using Imgur to post pictures of various sizes, I found this. I didn't come up with this. It's from this linked blog. https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog...umbnail-trick/
                        But it seems to work.
                        • From the share link on Imgur you get the full size image. The BBCode is the one you want to post on forums. You can just paste them into the message without clicking the image icon in the forum thread toolbar. If you do use the image button, you'll get [IMG] on either side of your picture, which is kind of annoying. By appending the file name with the following letters just before the .jpg you can post the various sizes. I will post one picture in order starting with full size, then adding the letters below, just before the .jpg

The first image is the full size, unaltered BB Code, then they are in this order:
                        • s = Small Square (90×90)
                        • b = Big Square (160×160)
                        • t = Small Thumbnail (160×160)
                        • m = Medium Thumbnail (320×320)
                        • l = Large Thumbnail (640×640)
                        • h = Huge Thumbnail

Full Size

s = Small Square

b = Big Square

t = Small Thumbnail

m = Medium Thumbnail

l = Large Thumbnail

h = Huge Thumbnail

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-04-2018, 06:37 PM.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LQ3bCSiEC7oKoVNV9https://photos.app.goo.gl/LQ3bCSiEC7oKoVNV9

Comment

Working...
                          X