Back in the classic saddle baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the classic saddle baby

Well after years of gentle pestering MCycle-nut finally gave in and let me buy his 1983 Suzuki GS1100ES. Super stoked to finally get one. And his has been lovingly taken care of, beautiful condition.

20180909_130334 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

20180909_130148 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

happy as a clam

20180909_105049 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

The bikes in perfect condition. Progressive springs up front, Falicon clutch basket from Schnitz Racing and a list of all the maintenance done in the past 10 years. Always nice buying a bike from a fellow enthusiast. She'll be well loved.
    Last edited by azr; 09-09-2018, 07:49 PM.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Classic indeed !! What a beaut. Congrats !
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Beauty! Congrats and enjoy.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

An absolute "Classic" shot! Art and I would call it a "GS Reacue shot, although I've seen that bike and it dosen't need any rescuing! Happy for you.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Gorgeous bike-and as mentioned, the "it followed me home" shot is classic!
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

I felt like it was one of those 'start the carrrr.....start the carrrr....' moments
            Rob
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
              I felt like it was one of those 'start the carrrr.....start the carrrr....' moments
              Like this?

sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great score Rob ! Looks like a beauty....But I'm a little disappointed.... I wanted to see a shot of you loading it into the Camry........
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  Great score Rob ! Looks like a beauty....But I'm a little disappointed.... I wanted to see a shot of you loading it into the Camry........
                  Ya know, Sometimes I really wish we had a like button. I almost spit my coffee all over my desk. Too funny...

Congrats Rob. Not too often any of us find one already (REALLY) done. She's a beauty...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                    Ya know, Sometimes I really wish we had a like button. I almost spit my coffee all over my desk. Too funny...

Congrats Rob. Not too often any of us find one already (REALLY) done. She's a beauty...
                    Don't laugh. He put a GS 1000 in one once. Now that I think about it. That picture would be a great entry in this week's " Your bike in an unusual place " photo challenge.......
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

ha,ha..I don't think Kevin would have sold it to me if I showed up with a Camry... I'll have to find a picture of that.
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

yup....just like that!
                        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Don't laugh. He put a GS 1000 in one once. Now that I think about it. That picture would be a great entry in this week's " Your bike in an unusual place " photo challenge.......
                          I remember seeing that picture a while back. I've done some drastic "redneck" stunts like that to get something home. Gotta do what ya gotta do...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I once stuffed an old 305 Yamaha into the back of my 73 Vega. Closest I've come to such lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                              Well after years of gentle pestering MCycle-nut finally gave in and let me buy his 1983 Suzuki GS1100ES. Super stoked to finally get one. And his has been lovingly taken care of, beautiful condition.
                              The bikes in perfect condition. Progressive springs up front, Falicon clutch basket from Schnitz Racing and a list of all the maintenance done in the past 10 years. Always nice buying a bike from a fellow enthusiast. She'll be well loved.
                              GENTLE pestering? Holy crap man, when you first saw it at the bike show you were telling people to keep away from it because it was YOUR bike!
                              Kevin
                              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
                              X