tutorial for posting flickr photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tutorial for posting flickr photos

Have been chstting with a fine GSR member about how to post flickr pics.

let me copy paste from my email and see what it looks like here

I dont use the free flicker much for hosting pics to post on forum.the main point of flicker is to host full size pics, and the free flicker has a limit of 1000 pics.

(I use imgur for general photo hosting for forum posting)

But anyway, yes, I can show you about how to post a picture that you have on flicker

got to any picture, looks like this

in lower right of the flicker screen, see the curved arrow icon (same icon as used by cell phones)

that is the "share" icon
    click on that

looks like this

when they say "sharing", that is language more from like facebook and twitter and such, so that is the big icons there.
    but you want that "BBCode" (BB meaning bulletin board, which anyone under age of 35 will consider antiquated, but, anyway)

click on the "BBCode"

looks like this

the first line is the code that you want to copy (more on that later)
    the second line you can select what size you want to post the picture as (since it is stored on flicker as full size of original). 800 is fairly large for posting, 1000 is large, any larger is huge for general fourm posting.

to copy the code: click on it about anywhere,see it turn blue, like this

that shows that it is selected (there is lot more than what you see that has been selected)
    do Control-C to copy it
    (By "Control-C, I mean hold the control button then also the C, then release both)

then go back over to your posting
    click whereever in your message

do Control-V to paste
    will look like

[ u r l=https://flic.kr/p/2gobVgQ][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48165137306_1024a4928f_c.jpg[ / i m g][ / url]P1040363 by [ u r l =https://www.flickr.com/photos/162840622@N07/]Dave Redman[ / u r l], on Flickr
    (i have added spaces, so you can see the code without it showing as the picture image)

then complete whatever else you want to say, can post up to 10 pictures in GSR posting, and then post it.
    it will then show up as your picture image.
    like this
    P1040363 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

THere you go. That is what I wanted to show you.

DOnt bother reading the rest of this untill you get that to work.
    WHat I say below is a minor point to concider after get the above to work.

in my example, all that "code" will show up as the image AND also display other stuff like links to flicker and with my flicker name and such. THere are settings in flicker accouint to turn that stuff off (but is hard to understand what is what) so that stuff doesnt show up in your code. I had it turned off, but then for some reason I had to reset my passward (looks like now require more stringent password requirements) and maybe in doing that it also reset my other settings.... but anyway.

If that "other stuff" is annoying, maybe later I can go look for those setting and tell you about that later.
    ...Or...., after you paste the code, you can then edit out all the stuff so just have the [img] and the other [/img] and stuff inbetween.
    Like this
    [ i m g ]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48165137306_1024a4928f_c.jpg[ / i m g] and then post it and it displays only the picture image without the flicker links and your user name and such.
    like this
    Last edited by Redman; 07-12-2019, 05:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

IMG_20190702_102112864 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

I think I got it Dave. Let's see
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Yea, that's me last week in Hawaii using my son's Bonneville. Anybody recognize that convict looking character?
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Good Larry.

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
        Yea, that's me last week . . . . .
        looks like some of my first selfies. can see on face "ah, um, er, what? how do this?"

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, I am only seeing two photos, both of your bike in front of the kilns.
          There is nothing after your, "looks like this" and "will look like." No pictures.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Be careful Larry, if you squint real hard, that bike looks a little bit like a Harley! Don't want you slipping over to the dark side! Oh wait, it's a Triumph so you're safe! Enjoy!

Ron
            Ron
            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
            1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Heck, I just want to know if that GK is for sale.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
              1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Larry,

see how your pic has your user name name after it...?

well, "some of the other stuff" that I mentioned is some of the links to flicker, such that anyone can click on your picture and see other pics in your albmn

hey, looks like you had a quite a ride in hawaii,
                any you are a weirdo that goes to some effort to pose bike for pics in scenic places.,,.... you weirdo

[ u r l =https://flic.kr/p/2gqDpDP][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48192938677_7e0574568b_c.jpg [ /i m g][/url]Untitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182422523@N06/]Larry Alkire[ / u r l], on Flickr (I added spaces)

producs this. can click on it to get to the entire albumn
                Untitled by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

and now with just the IMG only

[i m g ]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48192938677_7e0574568b_c.jpg[ / i m g ]

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Dave, I am only seeing two photos, both of your bike in front of the kilns.
                  There is nothing after your, "looks like this" and "will look like." No pictures.
                  my original copy paste of email did not post the images..... have fixed that in last half hour or so. (have hosted the images on imgur, ironically)

for the two pics of my GK:
                  - the one with my user name also has the link so if click on it can get to entire albumn
                  - the other one, I stripped of those links so is only the IMG code, so is that image only with no link to the albumn.

Last edited by Redman; 07-12-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    hum.....
                    will logg out of flicker and see.
                    hum... apparently others have seen, are asking me about the GK
                    They just showed up...might be my end.
                    Had to replace my modem and router after the storm yesterday. Still getting things set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      do Control-C to copy it
                      (By "Control-C, I mean hold the control button then also the C, then release both)

then go back over to your posting
                      click whereever in your message

do Control-V to paste
                      These work very well, but if you are more of a "mouse" person, on windows you can also...

Right click, copy
                      Right click, paste

No big deal, just another option.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                        Be careful Larry, if you squint real hard, that bike looks a little bit like a Harley! Don't want you slipping over to the dark side! Oh wait, it's a Triumph so you're safe! Enjoy!

Ron
                        That's a good one Ron. Not much chance of me crossing over to THAT dark side.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
                          Heck, I just want to know if that GK is for sale.
                          THree weeks ago I would have said "Pppptttthhhuuuufffff"

But at the moment I am about to pay too much for insurance on three bikes and cant ride any this summer.
                          And aside from that, I do need to decide on a long term plan for the next 3-4-5?6?7?8? years I may have yet of a riding carreer.

So, let me think of it.
                          Hum.... Ponder....
                          Nope.

But that is another subject/discussion entirely

Comment

My 1983 GS850GL - Heavily modified -- named 'Kaizen'

My 2002 GL1800 Goldwing -- named "Big Gurl"
                            Currently in the Stable :
                            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Been using Flickr as well since the PB fiasco.
                              This was a scan of a photograph and for some reason i can't make it any bigger. No big deal.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X