PDA

View Full Version : Were you unable to login yesterday after I updated the contributor status?

administrator
01-07-2020, 12:45 PM
I wanted to get an idea of how many people were affected by the update yesterday.

storm 64
01-07-2020, 12:50 PM
I was out, but back in now!👍 It didn't recognize my old password. After I requested a new password it let me back in. 🌞

Rich82GS750TZ
01-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Norm, you should vote no. I know you didn't because after I did, it only showed one vote for "NO".

trevor
01-07-2020, 01:45 PM
Norm, you should vote no. I know you didn't because after I did, it only showed one vote for "NO".
I think he wants to know if at first you couldn’t log in...?

Rich82GS750TZ
01-07-2020, 01:55 PM
doh!. I should have answered YES, I WAS UNABLE TO LOGIN. Sorry Norm, carry on. Trevor, thanks for pointing out that I can't read.:apologetic: I wanna change my vote.

trevor
01-07-2020, 02:01 PM
doh!. I should have answered YES, I WAS UNABLE TO LOGIN. Sorry Norm, carry on. Trevor, thanks for pointing out that I can't read.:apologetic: I wanna change my vote.
Lol...no sweat. 🙂

alke46
01-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Being one of the "old dogs" on here, I must admit to not liking change. Maybe it was necessary but it screwed up my night last night and also my earlier tries today.

allojohn
01-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Yes, I had to request a new password to get back in.

pete
01-07-2020, 03:21 PM
Yep, had to reset my password also, no big deal for me though as I hadn't changed it in a while anyway.

GSXR7ED
01-07-2020, 03:49 PM
I was affected.

Used the forgot password and reset my password. All good!!!

And thanks for my PM updating my Site Support badge in the avatar.

Ed

TeamDar
01-07-2020, 04:12 PM
I was able to log in but had to ask for a new password. Once I got in I changed my password back to the old one.

Redman
01-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Could not logg in all afternoon. Could see that was no activity, no new posting.
(I figured it was something related to Frank processing all the new contribution status.)
THen this evening I noticed there was some activity, but I still could not logg in.
So I went thru the password reset process, and now can logg in.......
All afternoon.....

Redman
01-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Frank,

Thanks for all you do.

I suppose you are trying to find how wide spread this was.
If was each and every member could not logg in, or if it just effected those who had their contribution status updated.

My observation was that I could not log in (invalid password, it said), and there was no new postings all afternoon. So that gave me the idea that nobody was able to logg in. I looked a few times at "todays postings" and it had the same posting on the top with same poster and time, and other postings listed there seemed to be in same order.
Was not till early evening (eastern) that I noticed a few new postings, but I still could not logg in, untill I reset my password.

Perhaps this poll is not conclusive if folks are misunderstanding the question. At the moment have 21 responses (7 no, 14 yes) but only a few have posted a comment explaining themselves.

Perhaps you have some activity report of which members had to reset their password during specific hours yesterday, maybe something like that could be available somehow.

Thanks again for all you do. This event somewhat shows how you have to do things behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

Rob S.
01-07-2020, 05:50 PM
I didn't have to reset my password, but for the first time in years I was asked to type in my name and password. Happened maybe three times, then back to normal. Phew! :o

Happened a few days ago.

salty_monk
01-07-2020, 06:19 PM
For the last 6 months or so I have to enter the password every time I login. It always goes to an error message about validation too but it does login...

And yep I couldn't get in until I reset my password (or actually even after I reset my passwork, it still wouldn't let me login for a couple of hours).

Steve
01-07-2020, 07:08 PM
I did not know there was any problem until I started seeing all the posts about it. :-k

I don't know when I logged in the last time. I don't log out, so I don't need to log back in. https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

I'm almost afraid to try.

Yeah, but take a good look at it now. :-k

Past Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

kerrfunk
01-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Yes I was unable to log in.
Yes I changed my password.
Thanks Frank for all you do!!!

GSXR7ED
01-07-2020, 09:33 PM

Yeah, but take a good look at it now. :-k

Past Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

I like "historical" data.

Basically, I've donated in the Past and I'm currently up to date with Super.

But it doesn't say I was previously a Super.

Post count isn't a big deal but it does make me realize how involved I get here.

And I do appreciate "Longevity" so join date is good to remember.

Ed

cowboyup3371
01-08-2020, 12:33 AM
Yep, tried a few times throughout the day then reset the password and changed it back to what it was before.

Thank you for the hard work you put into maintaining the site

salty_monk
01-08-2020, 01:49 PM
After login I get this message: (V Bulletin Message box) Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)

I can then click on new posts or whatever & continue as normal.

Been happening for 6 months or more now. I use Chrome primarily but it happens on Firefox too. It also doesn't stay logged in (assume that's something to do with my cookie settings or something probably) :)

GSXR7ED
01-09-2020, 10:38 PM
After login I get this message: (V Bulletin Message box) Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)

I can then click on new posts or whatever & continue as normal.

Been happening for 6 months or more now. I use Chrome primarily but it happens on Firefox too. It also doesn't stay logged in (assume that's something to do with my cookie settings or something probably) :)

I've been getting that for a long time...can't remember when it started.

I click "new posts" too and all is well.

Ed

Spyder
01-10-2020, 02:56 PM
I had to reset my password. Then about an hour later, I was able to log in. No big deal, I was overdue for a password change anyway...

wyly
01-11-2020, 12:59 PM
I haven't reset my password but I need to login twice every time now to get in. Not really a problem I'm too lazy to change my password.

gustovh
01-12-2020, 05:53 PM
No, had to reset my password.

V