PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Picnic 2020 -- Paragould Arkansas

Wingsconsin
01-07-2020, 04:42 PM
JULY 23-24-25-26 2020

Saturday 7/25/20 is the Picnic day.

More detail's will be forthcoming for those who would like to know -
However the host hotel is still being negotiated and the picnic spot chosen.

www.travelingpicnic.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/626178607396401/?ref=bookmarks (Facebook Group)

SAVE THE DATE ---

Some are using this as a jumping off point to points WEST (like Colorado)

Steve
01-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Vacation requests are already approved. :encouragement:

alke46
01-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Why so far east? All the good riding is more towards the west side and middle of the state. Although anything in the northern tier of the Arkansas Ozarks is good.

I will probably be there just because I can be. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

ALB80-850
01-08-2020, 08:31 AM
Interested. More interested in camping than a motel tho.

Wingsconsin
01-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Why so far east? All the good riding is more towards the west side and middle of the state. Although anything in the northern tier of the Arkansas Ozarks is good.

I will probably be there just because I can be. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

The original intent for the Traveling Picnic was to be inside a 500 mile circle centered on the Ohio River Valley area -
This was decided simply due to the fact that is encompasses a LARGE portion of the population the original founders knew would attend.
Keeping it centered made it a one-day ride in for most people
Paragould is the western edge of that circle for a base camp - nothing is keeping people from going west from there ;)

Typically there is a camping site chosen as well - stay tuned for details ;)
Or you can always choose to stay where ever you want and join the picnic group as it fits you

Jedz123
01-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Andy, If I make it out this year lets ride over together. What bike you thinking to do the trip on?

ALB80-850
01-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Hey Justin,
I’m in the process of buying a GS1100E from GSScott. The more I look at the 1150, the more I find that needs to be addressed. I need a daily rider while the other gets the attention it needs/deserves. It would be an absolute hoot riding to Arkansas with you. Hopefully you’ll have the time.

Wingsconsin
02-12-2020, 01:05 PM
FINALLY -- AN UPDATE

HOTEL INFORMATION !!
Holiday Inn Express
3502 Linnwood
Paragould AR 72450
(870) 236-9999

$89.99 per night -- Double Queens
25 rooms on the ' TRAVELING PICNIC ' block

Block includes Thurs Jul 23 thru Sat. night with check out July 26
Breakfast included --- Swimming pool
Call and make your reservations ASAP -

Wingsconsin
02-20-2020, 05:18 PM
Anyone have any questions ? --

Are YOU coming this year?

Steve
02-20-2020, 06:01 PM
Have not made the reservations yet, but I have no reservations about making them. :encouragement:

Wingsconsin
02-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Have not made the reservations yet, but I have no reservations about making them. :encouragement:

Are you thinking about using the Traveling Picnic as a 'launching point' for the GREAT RIDE V2.0 ?
I seem to remember that was going to be an option for ya'lls

Half way too Colorado ;)

Steve
02-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Are you thinking about using the Traveling Picnic as a 'launching point' for the GREAT RIDE V2.0 ?
Sadly, no. Too many other things going on this year.

ALB80-850
03-13-2020, 05:29 AM
Vacation approved ����

Wingsconsin
03-13-2020, 11:10 AM

If this is your choice -- There ar already a couple of folks in this place
For anyone looking to camp -
Crowley Ridge State park is just outside Paragould -
The cost for a space with water and electric is $25.36/night according to Barry who has made his reservation.
They have several spots left so act soon

ALB80-850
03-13-2020, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the information

ALB80-850
03-13-2020, 12:31 PM
Reservations made at Crowley Ridge SP. I tent camp, $14/night plus tax. Looked to be many tent sites available.

Wingsconsin
04-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Gear may need to addressed -- ;)

Wingsconsin
06-10-2020, 12:36 PM
TODAY I spoke to the Host Hotel -
They are expecting us to be there and are open with very few limitations -
The breakfast is currently continental style with a limit on the number of guests that can be in the gathering room -
She felt that by the end of July that MAY (?) be lifted as well.
There are several excellent restaurants nearby serving breakfast as well -
Lunches will be on your own as you ride -ride-ride and the picnic gathering this year will be a Saturday Night PIZZA adventure -
The hotel will allow us to use the breakfast room to hold our PIZZA adventure and gather in small groups -

THE TRAVELING PICNIC is a GO at this time so start your packing , tuning, planning and all that stuff -- get your stuff in order for the best rally you can attend this year.

PLAN for being SAFE - BRING a MASK you can wear -
Have your own hand sanitizer if you want to access it.
You should act as responsible adults acting on your own behalf https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t57/1/16/1f609.png;)

I know that doesn't say much for this group -- myself included -- but I am looking forward to seeing many of you in a few weeks...

Wingsconsin
07-09-2020, 01:01 PM
After some considerable discussion and serious consideration Bill and I have decided that it would be a responsible thing to do to cancel the 2020 Traveling Picnic in Paragould Arkansas. The Covid-19 numbers are spiking across the nation and Arkansas is not immune to this problem. Many of us are traveling across the country and finding ourselves in unfamiliar territory as well. Considering the issues we currently face with this health crisis the best practice would seem to be to cancel and keep everyone home and as safe as they wish to be.

Perceived Peer pressure to attend or the simple desire to rekindle existing friendships and relationships is a powerful drive, and especially so when one considers the last 6 months of relative confinement. I know this has caused me to be very conflicted about this decision. While I wish to see you all again soon, it would be horrible if that caused anyone to contract this virus – So we am choosing to err on the side of caution and not hold the Traveling Picnic in 2020 – The expression ‘Live to Ride’ also means “To Ride – Live” and we want all to have a healthy and happy year ahead.

There WILL be a Traveling Picnic 2021 – We already have some plans for where and how (too soon to release information however) and will announce it ASAP.

Keep Safe – Cancel your hotel room reservations – there is NO TP2020 –

Sign me – “Sadly acting like an adult” -

Dogma
07-09-2020, 04:35 PM
[insert tactful expression of disappointment]

Out of curiosity, I wonder why the Paragould plans aren't just shifting a year. Must be you have a better idea.

Wingsconsin
07-09-2020, 04:42 PM
[insert tactful expression of disappointment]

Out of curiosity, I wonder why the Paragould plans aren't just shifting a year. Must be you have a better idea.

Better ... ?

Mayhaps ---

Different ... ?

Kinda --

To be seen ---

:cool-new:

(you are a good between the lines reader)

Dogma
07-09-2020, 05:06 PM
(you are a good between the lines reader)

I keep a lot of blank stares on hand for interpreting those blank spaces.