A milestone for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A milestone for my son

Well my son got his "N" today...which means he can drive on his own...

He got a perfect score on his driving test...which you never hear. The driving examiner said I have not seen a perfect score in a long time". Enrolling him in a driver education program paid off.

It was getting pretty old driving him to and from work everyday. Well I should be happy he has a job.

He sold the truck...for a profit...that's my boy...lol and saved his money and bought his "dream car"....2008 Infinity G37S

Wow what a nice car...nicer than what I drive for sure....

No signature

Congratulations to your son. But would you please put the N into some perspective? He can drive but with certain restrictions or what?
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Congrats to him, these cars are mighty fast
      1980 GS1100E

Comment

Awesome. Well done treversson!
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Congratulations to your son. But would you please put the N into some perspective? He can drive but with certain restrictions or what?
          He started out with an "L" or learners...which meant ho could only drive with a licensed driver beside him.
          With the N...
          No electronic devices: No hand-held or hands-free electronic devices​
          Limit one passenger: 1 passenger only (immediate family exempt) unless with supervisor age 25+ with a valid Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 licence.​
          No signature

Comment

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Congrats to your son, Trevor!

That is a sweet ride!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by radek22 View Post
              Congrats to him, these cars are mighty fast
              Lol...yes...330hp! Bt my wife likes that it has 8 airbags. Lol...
              No signature

Comment

That Infinti is basically a "better" Z-car; more compliant suspension and way nicer interior. A significant upgrade. Now all he needs to do is keep it in one piece. Lots of accidents occur in the first few months of getting a license. Keep him on a tight leash.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  That Infinti is basically a "better" Z-car; more compliant suspension and way nicer interior. A significant upgrade. Now all he needs to do is keep it in one piece. Lots of accidents occur in the first few months of getting a license. Keep him on a tight leash.

Thanks Ed, yeah the car is very nice...he did his research...knew what he wanted....you know that's one thing you realize that your kid is growing up...he knows way more about these cars than I do....I get to learn from him now.
                  As for the driving of the car...Liam is a pretty safe kid...no drugs or alcohol or an interest in them. When he was young I took him to my recovery houses a lot...wanted him to meet the "addicts" to know that they are regular, good people...I wanted him to learn at an early age not to judge them and by meeting them he has developed compassion for them and to not be afraid of them.

Anyway he knows that a speeding ticket would wreck havoc with his insurance....

The car was a one owner local car...A woman traded it in on a new Lexus...all service records. 150,000kms (90,000miles) and paid just over $10,000....he saved, we gave him some graduation money, he got some Gov Covid money too and sold his truck. And I lent him a few thousand which he paid back to me in one month.
                  I'm super proud of him for sure.
                  No signature

Comment

I have an 09 G37S 4 door, bought new and only have 80K on it. The G's are quite the bargain these days. Not too many problems,but unfortunately I've had them all. The dash cover gets sticky, the instrument LED lights burn out, the rear axle can make a 'plinking' sound that re-greasing fixes. The thin rubber veneer disintegrates from the steering wheel. Lastly, mine is having cold weather rough running issues which seem also common but nobody can diagnose, and it's frustrating. Oh and if it's the 'S' model, the steel seat bolsters on the driver's side are extremely narrow for tall people, but can be cut out, making it much more comfy.

Other than that it goes like stink and is mechanically stout, and handles great. Quite a car.
                    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                    '79 GS100E
                    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Sounds like your son has his feet planted firmly on the ground. Here's hoping he stays that way. Really a nice looking car.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                        Sounds like your son has his feet planted firmly on the ground. Here's hoping he stays that way. Really a nice looking car.
                        Thanks, I think so....he works full time and never misses work. He goes to bed early. He plays too much video games for my liking. But I guess there is always something. He had a tough time in school when he was younger...we got extra help for him...he was also diagnosed with adhd and mild tourettes...but he pulled off an A and some B's to graduate this year, so that was a nice turnaround.
                        Taking a year off school to work and figure out what he wants to maybe do....he turns 18 next month.
                        Cheers
                        No signature

Comment

Congrats to him, sounds like he deserves it. Driving something like that at 17 ?? Gosh way ahead of the old clunker I had when I was 17
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                            Congrats to him, sounds like he deserves it. Driving something like that at 17 ?? Gosh way ahead of the old clunker I had when I was 17
                            Thanks... lol I know eh? When I was 16 I had a pretty nice first car too... 73 Firebird... paid $1750 for it. Worked in the tobacco fields to pay for it. 🙂 Great memories
                            No signature

Comment

Last year my son bought a 2008 G37S...amazing car. But he wanted something he could learn to fix and mod...he loves Japanese cars...typical of an 18 year old...lol...anyway we went up Island on the weekend to watch car races and spent the night a cabin and just hangout with one another. we started looking for cars and on the way home we bought this 2000 Honda Prelude....pretty well looked after but needs some work. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it....two cars paid for by him at age 18....he's a good boy.

Oh and we went go karting too...it's official...he's faster than his old man now...lol

This is redneck racing at it's best! The construction company that sponsored the race and their "pace car"....lol

No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X