Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 223-1058
Block name -- Traveling People
$89 for a single or double room

26 miles from the Back of the Dragon and MANY great roads

Steve
01-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Not a picnic any more? :-k

I guess we'll have to do some SERIOUS riding on some seriously-good roads. :encouragement:

Wingsconsin
01-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Picnicking got too complicated -- (We need LESS rules and times to be somewhere)

More RIDING - Eat when you get time ! IF you want to...

Now it will be like a Traveling Brown County Rally ;)

Jedz123
01-06-2021, 11:08 AM
This is awesome and July is a good time. I'm trying to figure out some dates as I will likely be hitting the road for another trip in the same region of time.
I have to suck up to my wife now that we have a dog. Also planning a means to bring her with me. We will see how well training goes.
Need a rally though and I really enjoy this one!

Wingsconsin
01-25-2021, 03:47 PM
This is awesome and July is a good time. I'm trying to figure out some dates as I will likely be hitting the road for another trip in the same region of time.
I have to suck up to my wife now that we have a dog. Also planning a means to bring her with me. We will see how well training goes.
Need a rally though and I really enjoy this one!

Is HER the WIFE or the DOG ...? :-$
Both would be welcome I suppose - and I know you are a newlywed (kinda) -:-#
I would advise you to think carefully before you answer that question....:-k

Steve
01-25-2021, 10:42 PM
Is HER the WIFE or the DOG ...? :-$
Both would be welcome I suppose - and I know you are a newlywed (kinda) -:-#
I would advise you to think carefully before you answer that question....:-k
Well, considering there was "training" involved, ... https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif
As I understand it, "the wife" is an experienced passenger, "the dog" is a new family member and is more likely the one that will be receiving "the training".

And with what Jedz has posted in another thread, who knows, they might BOTH come along. :encouragement:

Jedz123
01-28-2021, 07:39 AM
I would bring my dog. The wife might tag, she might not. I get more time off than she.

It would be a fun thing to do!

Dogma
02-03-2021, 01:19 PM
I put it on the calendar. Let's see if I can get there...

Wingsconsin
02-05-2021, 01:36 PM
I put it on the calendar. Let's see if I can get there...

This is your kind of riding area -- lots of roads to get lost on -- and they all twist and turn

AND - The Back of the Dragon-- 32 miles of up/down left/right - motorcyclists happy place ;)

See you there

Wingsconsin
02-16-2021, 05:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jVYPecf.png

Wingsconsin
04-01-2021, 05:01 PM
Here's why Whythville VA --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rboB_OXOUJQ

cowboyup3371
04-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Carl, is this something I can just show up at or do I need to sign up for by a certain date?

Wingsconsin
04-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Carl, is this something I can just show up at or do I need to sign up for by a certain date?

The Traveling People gathering is much like the Brown County Rally -
No rules - no schedule - no plans -
Heck we even eliminated the 'picnic' to simplify the weekend and allow for more RIDING TIME

The idea is this --
Like minded people gather in a good area that offers excellent riding and burn fuel at extreme rates ;)
We do gather in the parking lot in the evenings for adult beverages and some even organize a group meal if the mood suits them.

The only thing you MAY want to do is get a room off the reserved block at the hotel to receive the reduced rate -
Accommodations is entirely up to you -

The only rule is NO RULES !

I hope you can make it - the riding is awesome and the people are better -
I have been over the Back of the Dragon 4 times now - on my Goldwing and the 850 -
The only thing better is Colorado mountains riding in my opinion and I have been EVERYWHERE motorcycle enthusiasts talk about

limeex2
04-03-2021, 10:10 AM
If you think the Back of the Dragon with 300+ corners in 30 miles is fun, and it is, wait till you ride the roads just to get there! That was an area we explored on our 2nd trip out there. More addictive than the moonshine we found. We are trying to plan a ride in that 5 state area every year until we cant ride anymore(old fartitis). We will again use a AirBnB place to explore the area "around" Waynesville. We were there last year, but a hurricane remnant dumped rain for 3 straight days and wasnt going away so we did and vowed to return for more roads we missed along with the great M/C museum in Waynesville.

Coming from Mn to these area's is like heaven if your a corner carver. The roads are like a pool table compared to Minnesota, beautiful views everywhere, lots of old history. Using a AirBnB place let us eat supper at home, plan the next days ride and felt like home.

Wingsconsin
04-27-2021, 02:12 PM
If you think the Back of the Dragon with 300+ corners in 30 miles is fun, and it is, wait till you ride the roads just to get there! That was an area we explored on our 2nd trip out there. More addictive than the moonshine we found. We are trying to plan a ride in that 5 state area every year until we cant ride anymore(old fartitis). We will again use a AirBnB place to explore the area "around" Waynesville. We were there last year, but a hurricane remnant dumped rain for 3 straight days and wasnt going away so we did and vowed to return for more roads we missed along with the great M/C museum in Waynesville.

Coming from Mn to these area's is like heaven if your a corner carver. The roads are like a pool table compared to Minnesota, beautiful views everywhere, lots of old history. Using a AirBnB place let us eat supper at home, plan the next days ride and felt like home.

Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys

Climb on that GL1800 you have and join us -
This group is heavily slanted toward the Goldwing (although many brands are represented)

Dogma
06-17-2021, 08:29 PM
Booked. But the place with all the cool kids is full. I'll be down the road at the Super 8.

Now. How should I get there?