I HAVE TO BE THE FIRST AT SOMETHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAVE TO BE THE FIRST AT SOMETHING

NOT TO BE OUT DONE BY HAP CALL I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT A MOD I AM WORKING ON NOW- SOON AS I AM FINISHED INSTALLING THE TURBO CHARGER KIT I WILL REMOVE THE SHUT OFF VALVE FROM THE FEED LINE TO MY OIL COOLER TO FIND OUT IF THE RESTRICTION THAT THE VALVE CAUSED HAS ANY EFFECT ON THE COOLING--VERY OFTEN IN AIR CONDITIONING WORK, A SLOWER FLOW OF AIR ALLOWS FOR MORE HEAT TO TRANSFER SO REMOVING THE SHUT OFF VALVE MAY NOT BE BETTER IN THE CASE OF THE OIL COOLER-
    8)

UPDATE #1

REMOVING THE OIL COOLER SHUT OFF VALVE PROVED TO BE A GOOD MOVE--BECAUSE OF THE RESTRICTION BEING REMOVED, THE OIL TEMPERATURE RUNS ABOUT 5 TO 7 DEGREES HOTTER WHEN FULLY WARMED UP AND THIS KEEPS THE OIL TEMPERSATURE JUST ABOVE THE H2O BOILING POINTL. I WILL LEAVE IT OUT NOW--IT LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK ANY HOW.--YESTERDAY I MOUNTED THE KILL BUTTON BUT WILL NOT HOOK IT UP TIL JULY WHEN I RETURN FROM MY 2 WEEK RIDE TO NO PLACE. I DONT WANT TO RISK DAMAGING THE BLACK BOX AND THEN HAVING TO GO TO SUZUKI AND PAY A MILLION DOLLARS FOR A NEW ONE.

Comment

Re: I HAVE TO BE THE FIRST AT SOMETHING

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
      NOT TO BE OUT DONE BY HAP CALL I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT A MOD I AM WORKING ON NOW- SOON AS I AM FINISHED INSTALLING THE TURBO CHARGER KIT I WILL REMOVE THE SHUT OFF VALVE FROM THE FEED LINE TO MY OIL COOLER TO FIND OUT IF THE RESTRICTION THAT THE VALVE CAUSED HAS ANY EFFECT ON THE COOLING--VERY OFTEN IN AIR CONDITIONING WORK, A SLOWER FLOW OF AIR ALLOWS FOR MORE HEAT TO TRANSFER SO REMOVING THE SHUT OFF VALVE MAY NOT BE BETTER IN THE CASE OF THE OIL COOLER-
      8)
      I know I am falling for this but I have to ask...are you really getting a turbo for your bike? 8O

Hap
      Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!!! :roll:

Comment

its about time

you get the lolly
        i am a permanantly naturally aspirated biker- and thanks for not letting me think that i had completely lost my touch

Comment

And here was me thinking that Scotty was going to put a turbo on his oil cooler to make the oil run a bit warmer.

Kim
          Silly me.

Comment

Dont for get to hook the dohicky up to the thing ah mmm bob

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pickette
              Richard, please type slow...all that technical mumbo-jumbo you just spouted off has done gots me confused!!!

Hap :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
                Originally posted by Richard Pickette
                Richard, please type slow...all that technical mumbo-jumbo you just spouted off has done gots me confused!!!

Hap :roll:

Guys I have a friend with a new Hyabusa with a 50 shot of nitrous on it.........That is Frigging insane I must say

Comment

When the Busa first came out two brothers stripped it down, turbo-ed it and were going to race it. It was called Rodan.

Comment

Originally posted by HankV
                    When the Busa first came out two brothers stripped it down, turbo-ed it and were going to race it. It was called Rodan.
                    http://www.twobros.com/TBR_Website_N...dan/Rodan.htm#
                    There is an article in Motorcyclist Magazine that has that Hayabusa and a beautiful 1982 GS1100E that was heavily modified featured. Motorcyclist concentrated on the 'Busa (they worship at the alter of the latest and most trick) but did have some nice things to say about the GS.

I don't believe the 'Busa was turbo-ed in the article.

Hap

Comment

Scotty's Performance Mods

I just don't understand Scotty's quest for yet higher performance. How much lower can he get the elapsed (or is that collapsed?) time to the end of his driveway? 8O

Simon

Comment

I have to admit --that was good Simon I see your brain is thawing a bit--i missed your remarks

Comment

Turbos...

'Easily get 180 to 300 hp just by turning a knob!'

Not sure if I'd be happy with an adjustable waste gate...but hey, if you have the money to spend on a Hayabusa and a bolt on turbo kit, go for it!

Notice too they offer one for a gs1100/1150. Makes me wonder who would spend 3k+ on a turbo kit for a bike they paid far less for. The photo gallery shows someone with a turboed 1150E...

Josh

Comment

Re: Turbos...

Originally posted by thebigbadwolf72
                            http://www.mrturbo.com/kit2.html

'Easily get 180 to 300 hp just by turning a knob!'

Not sure if I'd be happy with an adjustable waste gate...but hey, if you have the money to spend on a Hayabusa and a bolt on turbo kit, go for it!

Notice too they offer one for a gs1100/1150. Makes me wonder who would spend 3k+ on a turbo kit for a bike they paid far less for. The photo gallery shows someone with a turboed 1150E...

Josh
                            If you are going for the ultimate in horsepower performance, the GS motor is the top dog because of its' ballbearing supported crank...think about it, you can buy a GS, get the crank welded if it is not already, install a heavy-duty clutch basket and clutch, add the turbo for $3500, and you now have a 250 HP beast for $4000 less than a new Hayabusa. Maybe one in 500 people can utilize the handling potential of a Hayabusa but everyone can enjoy the thrill of being flipped over back wards by a 250 HP GS1100 or 1150!

Hap
                            Then you add the Nitrous...

Comment

Hap

motorcycle magazine is one of the better mags to subscribe to? i been thinking of getting subscription to one of them but i dont want to read about plastic bikes all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X