Rejetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejetting

I'm changing my factory air box to k&n air filters , do I need to rejet my carbs . I still am running factory exhaust. The bike is a 1982 gs1100glz

In my opinion, I'd keep the airbox and go to a stock replacement K&N filter or go the whole route with the pod filters AND an aftermarket exhaust system, plus a jet kit. Adding just the stock replacement filter shouldn't require any jetting changes , but any other alteration will. Why make the intake less restrictive if you still have a restrictive exhaust system. Just my opinion, and I m sure I'll hear about it from someone. LOL

Comment

YOU ARE GOING ABOUT IT BACKWARDS - THE EXHAUST SHOULD BE CHOSEN FIRST-- THEN THE POD FILTERS AND REJETING. IF YOU JUST CHANGE THE EXHAUST TO A TRUE PERFORMANCE EXHAUST YOU WILL HAVE TO REJET-- THEN THE POD FILTERS WILL HAVE SOME EFFECT WHEN INSTALLED --REJETTING WILL AGAIN BE NECESSARY--IF YOU BUY ALL AT ONCE AND INSTALL ALL AT ONCE THEN REJETTING WILL ONLY HAVE TO BE DONE ONCE. PROPER REJETTING IS NOT NOT NOT JUST INSTALLING A "JET KIT" 8O

Comment

Didn't take long, Huh?

Comment

Working...
        X