rejetting and/pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rejetting and/pods

the guy i picked up my '80 gs850L from had put an extremely short 4 into 2 exhaust on the bike. it has no baffles at the moment but i'm looking to get a set. i've adjust the floats to every variable within tolerance but she still runs rich. could switching from the stock airbox to pods to increase airflow help with the problem? also, i know it would be hard to nail down exactly what jets i should be running with an unusual pipe setup (he said they were off a triumph), but if anyone running short 4 into 2's had some input, it would be appretiated. btw i know ideally i should just throw some stock pipes on but that not an option this year thanks, bill

What size main jets are you running now? Have you adjusted the air screws and if so how many turns out are they Main jets should be around 110s to 115s air screws work best for me at 1.5 turns from stop Pods will flow more air but make sure you keep them clean and sprayed down with the likes of K N oil You need to read the plugs and check the height of your needles I would rather have my floats set alittle low than right on the edge

Comment

jets

my mains are 115. i checked all the jets and they're all stock for this bike. my air jets are usually out about 2 turns. i've just adjusted the floats again, a bit on the low side, i'll see how it goes. thanks, bill

Comment

I am not sure what you have for a factory air filter. My 1978 GS750 had a tin box. I cut out the snorkel area and it leaned out allot. I went from 25 MPG to 38 MPG.

Comment

Working...
        X