condensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

condensors

Does anyone know if a condensor can be accurately checked with an ohm meter and what should the readings be if known my manual does not say alot on the subject, any help would be appreciated :?

If you must check the condensor speak to an auto electrician I am sorry I have no idea of the figures involved. Your other option due to the relatively low cost of a condensor is to just replace it and see if it helps
    Dink

Comment

Thanks I seem to have found bad wires that send to the coils black and white replaced both wires, thanks again will be changing to electronic soon to save further trouble with this system thanks again

Comment

A condenser

A condenser is a capacitor- they are either working- open -or shorted-- It is unusual for one to change value to the point where it would effect the operation of the circuit that it is in (( we are not talking about resonant circuts--just ignition)) If you can ese an ohm meter ((i love analogs meters for testing capacitors)) the first test is to see if the casing ((automotive type )) is shorted to the pigtail. --then if not shorted. a capacitor will show a rise and drop of the dial on an analog meter. On such a small capacitor as in an ignition system i dont know if it is noticable-- larger caps show a needle rising and then dropping back to zero--on smaller caps the rise and drop is much quicker--I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL EASILY BE ABLE TO ADD TO THIS INFORMATION

Comment

Scotty, that was an excellent explanation! I could not have done better. I would have only left people confused!

Hap
          8)

Comment

condensers

thanks for the compliment--say Hap, i just got my custom made kill button yesterday now all i need to do is find the correct wire try not to talk you make funny whistling noises now--and one other thing when i had 2 wisdom teeth taken out last year, i cheaged from a wise guy into the gentle lamb that I am now.--i hope that this extraction will make you as nice as me

Comment

Great condensor explanation, Scotty....even I could understand it. Only one question: What goes right in front of the "pigtail"? :roll:
              Simon

Comment

Re: condensers

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                thanks for the compliment--say Hap, i just got my custom made kill button yesterday now all i need to do is find the correct wire try not to talk you make funny whistling noises now--and one other thing when i had 2 wisdom teeth taken out last year, i cheaged from a wise guy into the gentle lamb that I am now.--i hope that this extraction will make you as nice as me
                I have always been a nice guy! You must be talking about my evil twin, Happy! I have trouble with him all of the time! He sometimes logs in as me and talks about drinking oil and hunting naugas! 8)

Hap :roll:

Comment

THE PIG TAIL

SIMON
                  TO FIND OUT WHAT GOE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PIG TAIL LOOK CLOSELY 8O

Comment

Re: THE PIG TAIL

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                    SIMON
                    TO FIND OUT WHAT GOE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PIG TAIL LOOK CLOSELY 8O
                    Darn it, Scotty, you caught me in my own trap!!!! :roll:

Simon

Comment

IF COUGHT YOU SIMON

WHY DO I HAVE THE FEELING THAT I MUST KEEP LOOKING OVER MY SHOLDER 8O :roll: :?

Comment

Working...
                      X